Online crackdown & arrests

racha

Read in the nation this morning,

Part of the article..........

The police from the crime suppression division have arrested 3 girls for offering sex on the internet.

They found the girls by using the IRC chat programme and then contacted them by phone.

There are 10 officers investigating solicitation of sex on the internet and were trained by the FBI.

The arrests were made to show sexual solicitations would no longer be tolerated in accordance with the Interior ministries social regulation plan.

Another separate raid on the Q bar netted 28 patrons including 13 foreigners who failed the initial drug test and there urine would be sent to the scientific crime detection division for further checks.

They will face legal action if the tests show narcotics.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry guys,

Phiketpete all ready posted a link to the story in the nation in nightlife.

I tried the link but could not get connected as the web is still having some trouble at the moment.

Khun Sanuk feel free to delete this thread if you like.

Racha....

quote:

Originally posted by nepfan:

Angels Disco 1:30 Thursday night. Not sure what time last night. However, if you will recall this happens every year about this time, although usually not as intense .............. It will go away. It always does.

To be honest, I don't think the current campaign bears any resemblance to anything I have seen in 8 years here. It is not just 'about this time' - this has been running for months and has steadily increased in intensity rather than slackening off. I don't ever remember EVERY major zone being hit BEFORE 2.00 am. Did you know that Thermae now has a sign above the stairs as you come in saying it is open from 8.00 pm - 2.30 am - and it is still getting closed down before that!!

I wish I shared your cojnfidence that this is going to be short-lived, it's really beginning to get on my tits.

Again, there is always a crack down at this time of year. The police representative says this years intensity is because they are getting a lot pressure from above about drugs and people are jockeying for annual position reshuffleing..I'll be damnd, though, if I can figure out what closing early has to do with drugs.

Khun Sanuk, I assume you are referring to Hollywood East. Hollywood Strip and Hollywood Rock are closing with the rest of Nana when the police come in. If I feel like drinking late, I'll know where to go.

Hi,

nepfan said:

"Khun Sanuk, I assume you are referring to Hollywood East. Hollywood Strip and Hollywood Rock are closing with the rest of Nana when the police come in. If I feel like drinking late, I'll know where to go."

No, I was refering to Hollywood Disco on Ratchadapisek.

Sorry, my oversight.

Sanuk!

Closing time has changed often over the years. I remember in the '70s when it was midnight. After the witching hour, everyone moved over to a pick up place such as the Thermae, Thaiyonok Coffee Shop or the Grace Hotel's coffee shop. Then in the '80s, 1 AM seemed to be the excepted closing time. I don't know when the 2 AM time started, but it must have been some time in the '90s.

Was done at hollywood Ratcha on Sat night,

the police came at 1.30 and closed it down after they hit dance fever....heck they even had dogs wit em !

FYI

Soi 33 was closed down at 1.00am on Sunday evening.

I never actually spotted the police and presumed it was closing as it was a quiet Sunday night but the girls said it was a police request that they were closing early. When I went outside the whole street was closed down from what I could see and then Monday night it was back to closing at 2.00am.

I don't mind really. Less partying to 6am means less need for XTC, Yaa E, etc. Personally I don't even last that long, by the time it's 1-2am I'm looking to retire for the night and guess what: suddenly at 1-2am ALL of Bangkok girls are ALSO looking to 'retire' for the night! A perfect match. smile.gif" border="0 It may even bring prices down. Drink prices of course will have to go up, but bar fines have to go down because it's SO easy to just wait for the waterfall of girls to come cascading into soi 4 at 1:30. :-)

Also congratulations to Dr. Taksin to bring street prostitution to Thailand now that girls are kicked out of Thermae on to the street. :-) Soon we'll just be able to cruise down Suk and pick up a few girls.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Archived