Urgent help - Hotel near Hua Lamphong Station

Hamokhamok

A family friend is visiting Bangkok soon and needs a hotel for two nights.

He asks me where I stay when I'm in Bangkok and I don't want to tell him I stay in Sukhumvit.

He'll be doing a bit of travelling from Hua Lamphong station and I was wondering if anyone knows of any decent hotel in that area that I could recommend to him.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks for that info.

Nice as in --- not surrounded by lady as you make your way into and out of the hotel.

I don't think he's into the help you get from those nice thai ladies so hes best kept away from those areas. If he is into that then he can find his own way.

I just don't want to give his mind any encouragement into thinking bad things about me.

Both would work to that description. Both are 5*. The Pan Pac is guest friendly IF the lady looks like a normal gal who belongs there, not a rice farmer or a working gal (i.e., your friend would not notice anything). Dusit Thani is notorously NOT guest friendly, but is very nice (if dated) and is considered to be the "grand old dame" in Bangkok (ala The Oriental, but not as pricey).

I very much like the Pan Pac and have spent many, many nights at their properties around the region.

Prolly looking at ~US$175/night for the Dusit or ~US$135/night for the Pan Pac booked through Asia Travel.

And if he is into it, Patpong is a 10 minute walk away :D .

Cheers,

SD

• 3 weeks later...

Try the Centre Hotel near the train station. They may have changed the name to Bangkok Centre Hotel. Clean, nice, and reasonable. Multicultural as near train station. Try to deal direct as room rates vary greatly on hotel booking sites.

Archived