Overwhelming victory for Thaksin

kamui

....depending on the world economy.

--------------------

sounds like Mr Pasuk is covering his ass.

Can someone lead us to an objective reading of the thai economic activities, finances, credit standing, etc, circa 2005?

All i can say myself is that anyone listening to the thai beat of things, looking around as they go around, get a sense of things, to compare with 5 years ago, and the changes (so much in attitudes too) are unmistakable. Good, bad, not my problem, but Thailand is moving along, not backwards, according to the same course fixed since it aligned itself as the west's economic and servicing ally in SEA.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've spent 2 years of explaining to gf why Taksin is bad for Thai people, and her finally seeing the light, and understanding many times, and in every conversation. So.....

A few days ago:

HT...."Nok, Who you vote for"?

Nok...."Taksin" Hehehehe

HT....."WHAT?" :cussing:

Nok...."He popular here. My room-mates vote him also. Who else can vote for?"

:banghead:

Khon Thai - 1

HT - 0

I GIVE UP! :grinyes:

HT

You should have heard my wife this morning going on about "stupid :censored: Thai people! Why don't they understand money is not free? Now Thailand is very bad; same America!" (her words) re: the election/single party rule (although I *think* America will survive "single party rule" better than LoS).

Interesting to me anyway was that in Bangkok, one of the few districts that Thaksin did NOT win in was Samphanthawong (Chinatown). Despite Thaksin being Chinese, it does go with the fact that none that I know much like him :dunno: .

Cheers,

SD

I never heard one slagging the bloke off yet, and it is their country. Know it all, we told you so, falangs will never have a say it govt policy.It's bugger all to do with us who thai's want to vote for, so we might as well worry about other concerns.-peter

Hi,

>>>>That WOULD drive me crazy.

Duh..Oh well I am sure she is good in ths sack.<<<<

More than that. She threw me for a loop on this one.

An insight might be her views (and her friends) on Chuwit. It dosen't matter that he owns God knows how many massage/whore houses in BKK. He could be the biggest drug dealer in Thailand, but because he comes across well on Thai TV, and is a personable guy, they will overlook *anything*.

Taksin has the Thai people wrapped aroung his little finger. Seems as though many there, cannot see the forest for the tree's.

"Chuwit is funny guy, so we all like him". It's lost on them that he might want to start a nuclear war (just an exsagerated example). It's not the message they vote on.....it's the messenger, and how they precieve him, as related to sanuk, no matter what is coming out of his mouth. ::

HT

Khon Thai - 1

HT - 0

Archived