N.E. Patriots - Modern Day Dynasty

frogpatrol

These are joyous times for New England sports fans. First, the Patriots won last year in a thriller, then the miracle of the Bosox, and now the Pats again today. There is not much to say that the media has not said already. They are a throwback team in that they play like a team, and the team's sum is greater than the individual parts. Case in point Branch, Faulk, and so many others.

The Pats hit hard, play hard, make few mistakes, and have a killer instinct and intensity that is unmatched in the NFL. Bruuuu was awesome, Harrison was the glue that kept the secondary together, and the line and running game wore down a tough Philly team.

3 in 4 years. Even the naysayers must admit this is something special.

CHAMPIONS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Froggo (and other NE'ers like Brink). I didn't think we had a chance. I was hoping for a bit of luck. We made it close and we didn't get blown out so I am happy for that.

If we had won we would have torn up the city though. I remember Dr. J having to make pleas to the citizens not to run riot after they won the NBA title.

So, and put all subjectivity aside, does this dynasty stack up against the others?

saw a little of the Game,but was bored really.

after watching the opening Games of the 6 Nations Rugby there was no comparision.

good to see Men beating shit out of each other with no padding.

there was shedding of blood,punches thrown and Red and Yellow cards.......

a real Man's Game..........

would love to see the Yanks come and have a friendly Game against the English without the cissy padding.......

sayjann...guess u don't appreciate the speed at which some of the NFL players execute and the impact at which they hit. I've only watched a bit of rugby, but I've never seen a player tackled with the force and viciousness that is ROUTINE in the NFL. My guess is that the size, speed, and strength of NFL players would humiliate your rugby guys. Don't know if you've seen the type of bloodshed that you'd suffer...unless it was in the aftermath of a bombing.

Hugh (mak)

No question that the Pats are the best in the league. There are only about 3 other clubs that come close to em. McNabb certainly didn't put up a performance worthy of a win. I don't know, but he looked more like Bret Farve did this year...just heaving the ball and hoping one of his teammates would catch it. McNabb is a good QB, but not sure he can handle the pressure of THE big game.

Hugh (mak)

Sayjann...lol..enjoyed your post. It would be interesting. Without padding I think you'd really see if these guys are nancy boys. When someone 6'4", 300 + pounds who can cover 40 yards in 4 and a half seconds comes at you, there is 2 things you can do: pray and hope that your insurance is paid up. lol.

By the way, what are all those men doing in the middle of that scrum that we can't see? Its a little 'strange'...hehehehe

I'm from Boston, so I thoroughly enjoyed the thrill of victory.

? Dynasty ... I'd like to believe that it's possible; but, I am concerned about Charlie Weiss leaving to be the head coach of Notre Dame (although I'm happy for him) ... also, the defensive coordinator (name escapes me at the moment!) is departing.

Sports Illustrated had it right when they predicted that the N.E. Patriots would win this year's Super Bowl before the season started. :)

Archived