The End of Woodstock!!!

itsmedave

According to Stickman's latest weekly, Woodstock in Nana has been sold to the Rainbow group who are going to make it into another go-go.

It is a sad day for me, as this was the place where I first met many of my current friends here, and the weekly meetings were always a highlight in this oasis in Nana.

If there is still time left, perhaps we could arrange to have a last Friday night get together at Woodstock to say goodbye to an old friend. I wonder if Peter would let us have a party at this place before it closes.

Khun Sanuk???

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stop in from time to time and always feel sad. Did you ever see it in the early days, 1980's, when it was connected by an internal stairway to the White Rabbit Restaurant below? THAT'S Rainbow 3 or whatever number now. Back then, they had a huge library of films, and you could while away an afternoon choosing which ones to watch on their giant screen (because you were generally the only customer at that time) sitting in their plush booths. Then hit the bars outside at nightfall. A damned good day/evening/ out.

Very sad, indeed. Although I had been visiting Woodstock since the Late 80's, It was in the 90's that I first met with the ASFO and NP brethren. Just a good place to gather your thoughts from the cacophany of the plaza and dilute your rounder libations with a Mexican burger and fries.

Sorry I can't make the send off if it takes place. Laew phop gan mai.

Stickypants did not say when it was closing only that it was sold, might have a few weeks left. Very interesting interview with khun Hogg who says out of the hundreds of girls he hired over the years he only knows two who are happily married, both worked in his bar less than a month-peter

Archived