The End of Woodstock!!!

itsmedave

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked Woodstock because they had good food, good music, good beer, pool tables, and constantly run big screen sports :rip:. It was an ideal place to start a night. Waitresses were nothing to look at, but they let you be. There was mention of Asahi beer in another thread. Among its great lineup of beers, Woodstock had Asahi Black and it was from a keg! Here is their web page:

http://www.woodstockbkk.com

Now where to go now around NEP for a decent bite to eat?

Hi,

"Waitresses were nothing to look at"

This was not always the case. Before the big turnover started they had some nice girls in there. I recall quite a few cute ones.

Do not know about the last 2 years or so, as I haven't been in there much since we moved to Gulliver's.

Speaking of being in there... so, what is the plan? Can I hear some input from the Friday regulars?

Sanuk!

Neo said:Now where to go now around NEP for a decent bite to eat?
Jools? Al Nasser Egyptian Restaraunt/Shishnah? New Bukhara? Moody's? A greasy burger at the Roadhouse? A few of my favs...

I think TopCat has a "bar food" menu now at CatHouse. He was working on it last time I was there a month or so ago. We were the guinea pigs...

Cheers,

SD

All,

The reason for the declining status of Woodstock was due to Peter the owner having a serious back/spinal problem which caused him great pain just to walk and sit. He had impinged nerves caused by bulging/collapsed discs which affected him greatly. He was absent a lot for a legit reason, and yes, it affected his business. I'd imagine the move of the Friday night NP and ASFO regulars to a different venue also affected his business to a point.

I liked their blackened cheeseburger, and some of the Mex stuff, also some good beers for selection, and the big screen TV was a nice touch to watch for sports or movies over a bite to eat. The pool tables were a plus, but the place was a bit small for them both. I always enjoyed the fact you could step in there and sort of chill out between bar hopping the Plaza gogos. The wife liked their outside Thai food on the balcony. Stuff smelled like crap to me usually, but she liked it, as did a lot of other Thai lasses I noted. It was nice to walk the balcony from the escaltor and run the gauntlet of hello girls standing at the top and along the walkway. Some of the staff were great, as was Peter and his wife Orn who are nice and decent people, and I always had a nice chat with Peter as my wife talked to his wife. I'll be sad to see it go. It was an oasis amongst the pleasant debauchery of Nana Plaza in my mind anyway. I haven't been there in a couple of years, mostly because I don't go out much to the gogos any more, and when I do I prefer the Soi Cowboy bars and atmosphere to the NP now. I had pleasant times there, and met a lot of the guys on here in there over a couple years time. Good luck to Peter and Orn whatever they do. Does anyone know? I hope they make a dollar or two off the sale. Another gogo bar? Just what NP needs? I don't know about that. Woodstock was a good place to start your night, or to take a break while thinking of which gogo to go to next. I also liked the DJ and music played there as well. Personally I found it better sited than Gulliver's. Close to the action, but as other have said, an oasis among the madness that is Nana Plaza.

Cent

K.S.

I am more than willing to go to Woodstock at any time you set. I will miss the food (which is better than Gulliver's, I think) the cozy setting (which unfortunately was too cozy, er small for us many a week, and the Far Side cartoons which gave me something fun to do while draining the lizard.

Ahhh - the far side cartoons while taking a piss, they where good!

I too liked the burgers, far better than Gullivers which is why we all go eat elsewhere afterwards.

In fact I think I was one of the few who thought the move to gulliverrs wouldnt work.

I think it did in hind site, as at teh time the ASFo and Nanaplaza crowd met at different venues, now they mostly meet together at Gullivers.

DOOG

The thing I liked about Woodstocks was that it was like an oasis is a sea of debauchery,.if you know what I mean.You know,somewhere to stop in a normal type of bar and re-screw your bighead back on again::,regain your composure ready for your assult on the rest of the bars in the complex! :p

Archived