Conversations with Thai girls

MisterBlonde

The usage of:

Khao jai Mai (Do you understand?)

Khao jai ( I understand and understand!) and

Mai Khao Jai (I don't understand!)

Are three of the most helpfull phrases in the Thai language...

When I want to frustrate my GF and get her to persuade me into something/or explain...Mai Khao Jai...works wonders!

Khao jai

SkiBum

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

> Maybe part of the explanation is socio econ differences of the west and east as well as culturally differences. Probably a blend of both..

So their conversations will reflect their own cultural values and beliefs and really has to do with the lack of exposure and thrist for that exposure that can indeed become infectious.

And lastly, individual differences will also play a part as i have met a couple Thai girls who enjoy reading, exploring, continuous learning if and that is a big if they are given the chance by exposing them to things that their culture doesn't.

The problem lies in that one will only find girls by exception as the vast majority will represent the product of what their culture and environments want them to be and in turn are..

And that is why i think marrying a thai girl is a risky proposition. Compatibility can be found but one must look thoroughly or get extemely lucky.......<

Yes, also my observation. Then again, I have to agree with TM that intelectual converstaions are soemtimes overrated. Having said that, I think the main reason that my LT relation with an ex BG failed was this incompatability, she got bored with me reading a book, I got bored with her endless yakkng on the phone and endless soap watching.

Wow....many good posts here. :D

Ikkrang, CB, LP.....you all make very good points. Lack of exposure has a lot to do with it, but look at LP and his wife? They travel a lot, and she seems to enjoy emensely. My gf is jumping out of her skin to come to Hawaii, and experience????

A freak experience just happened with my gf. She got her passport to come here, and Aunt asked her to go to Singapore at the last minute last week, when her mother could not. First time out of the country for her.

Her reaction? She hated the food, and so was miserable. 5555555. "Thailand better". She did have a good time, though. But it does to seem to be all over the scale, and center around certain khon Thai personalities, and their ability to want to explore beyond their borders.

But I guess the same could be said of Americans, which only 15% even posseses a passport. So is really so different?

HT

..."But I guess the same could be said of Americans, which only 15% even posseses a passport. So is really so different?"

Well, HT, I've frequently heard that, sadly, only 7% of we Yanks possess passports! I recall one stat that nearly 50% of of the population has never traveled over 50-miles from their birthplace during their lifetime...'born in Tulsa, died in Tulsa'! Amazing! I feel like a real anomaly....

Hi LukDod,

>>>Well, HT, I've frequently heard that, sadly, only 7% of we Yanks possess passports! I recall one stat that nearly 50% of of the population has never traveled over 50-miles from their birthplace during their lifetime...'born in Tulsa, died in Tulsa'! Amazing! I feel like a real anomaly.... <<<

It's true. In proportion, we are not that much different. And something that should be seriously looked at, in it's context, to have a meaningfull conversation here.

HT

Guest lazyphil

Yep they like to yak on the phone alot, as for soaps, just dont get a satellite dish to receive Thai TV, simple solution :)...my mrs cant get enough of documentary?s, National Geographic etc on anything Sharks, Crocodiles etc (was scared of bears breaking in at the cabin, actually I was pretty cagey about going for wood for the woodstove after sunset!)....my Mrs as I said reads endlessly, novels, newspapers, magazines....she is forever asking why I look at the internet so much (reading NP is pretty much like watching a soap opera ::) ::....thinking about it we dont talk for the sake of it (unlike my posting habits here LoL!)

The Farangman I know would have said something more like:

[color:"blue"]I haven't seen a thread such as this in a[/color] [color:"blue"][/color][color:"red"] short time[/color][color:"blue"], that makes so many generalizations about Thais.

I must be living in a totally different[/color][color:"red"] short-time room[/color][color:"blue"] to the[/color][color:"red"] short-time room[/color][color:"blue"] that many people here seems to think exists.[/color]

He must be sleeping at home more often these days!

Archived