Conversations with Thai girls

MisterBlonde

Hi,

Faragman has lived there a long time. I'd be interested to hear what he has to say. He also has a lot of experience there. Not withstanding the fact he should really get out more.

HT :D

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HIGH THAIED said:

But I guess the same could be said of Americans, which only 15% even posseses a passport. So is really so different?

HT

In all fairness, Amerika is so vast, with so many different biomes, tundra, tropical rainforest, deciduous forest, beautiful beaches, the Grand Canyon, the Rockies, the upper New England coastline, the beaches of Southern Cal and the Florida Keys, active volcanoes, massive rivers, etc., etc., etc., that one can do a world of travel and never leave Amerikan soil.

While I love to travel in England, I'd damn sure have a passport to get out if I HAD to be there! :)

In addition, there are many different cultures to be experienced within Amerika's borders- different art, food, music, lifestyles, clothing, markets, etc.

Many are satisfied with the above and do not need to travel outside for experience. Remember, it takes the same amount of time to fly across the US as it does to fly from BKK to Tokyo- it is a vast nation!

Unfortunately, the insular attitude can result in much of the crap that we see. But I don't want to get into politics now.

Hi Khun Khon,

<<<<Unfortunately, the insular attitude can result in much of the crap that we see.>>>>

Yea...but that's my point. It's insular on both points of the spectrum, but even more so, on the Thai side. Out of her (g/f's) whole entire family, *none* have ever been out of the country, other than her, and that was just last week????

It's not a matter of hardship, as more a matter of desire. I've seen Thai's being very insular in their desire to exspand beyond their own border. But granted...just my own experience with this.

HT

HIGH THAIED said:

Almost none have a passport. It would not dawn on many/most of them to vacation outside of the Kingdom. To many, they are a world onto themselves. That is changing somewhat, but I challenge you to find an older Thai person who has ever been out of his/her own country.

HT

Actually, the same could be said about native Texans...

:D

I had an Aussie girlfriend once who had a theory that different men were good for different things and that it was impossible to get the full package out of one guy. ie some guys were good for sex and others good for companionship etc

Now extrapolating that theory to women I think many guys in relationships with Thai women may be content to get their intellectual stimulation elsewhere and enjoy what their woman has to offer in other departments. If the women can cook and look after the house and is good in the sack this may well be enough for many guys.

What are the chances of having a successful functional long term relationship with any women?

Very small ....according to some relationship experts only about 10% of marriages are healthy functional ones .

That is why i will always go for the great looking girl who is hot in the sack because most relationships will go south anyway!!!!

In principle I've heard the theory preached by Zorro embraced by some :dunno: If you believe that line then some people are good for a shag others are good for a shag :devil: oh, and then you've got the girls to talk to.

I might simplify it by saying its the "you can't have it all so for god's sake stop trying," theory. I think its an easy way out, but then again while your looking for your princess its not a bad game to play.

A girl who you can phone at 2AM for a shag without too much headache or lip when your pissed is nothing to take for granted in life :up: as many fellas are not that into talking to anything but their beer at the end of the day.

Its like that Chris Rock rant about talking and women, "you don't talk, you need to talk, let's talk... but women don't really wanna talk talk - no,no, no they want you to listen, listen. that's right men women just want you to ask them the correct questions to allow them to run their fucking mouth. you set 'em up she'll knock 'em down." :grinyes: its definitely a funny line with a kernel of truth in it.

I'm happy to let things unfold slowly in terms of telling life stories, which is the way Thais are in general. I wouldn't simply chalk it up to ignorance of the outside world, or the lack of a passport.

cheers,

the_numbers

I haven't read all of the above posts but I'd like to say something quick here.

I think MisterBlonde's experience with Thai girls is interesting. We are not ONE type of human being. We are different. Some are inquisitive, some are not. Most girls are brought up to be polite. And being polite some includes not asking too many questions to people you've just met. This includes Thai people themselves. For me, if I meet someone for the first time, say, while I'm travelling, I don't want them to ask me personal questions because I feel it is improper and even rude. I would perfer talking about the weather, telling travel stories, etc. , but not my occupation, area of my house, and my salary.

Interesting point GTG that you don't like to discuss your occupation and area of your house with strangers....because that is usually what westerners talk about first and the conversation flows on from there...i remember with one of the uni girls i was chatting with,i was asking a lot of questions about herself,and she said to me.."what is this an interview?" i'd obviously overstepped the mark,when all i was doing was showing an interest.

Archived