Conversations with Thai girls

MisterBlonde

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MisterBlonde said:

Interesting point GTG that you don't like to discuss your occupation and area of your house with strangers....because that is usually what westerners talk about first and the conversation flows on from there...

We have our reasons why. We don't usually tell area of the house because we fear of the lunatics. Make sense. :-) For occupation, the same reason. The talk could lead to where your office is and some lunatics could find out and harrass you. This is Bangkok and as most of you know, anything can happen.

If you want to get to know her. Just try asking her about her hobbies (they might not have it. :p), what they do in free time, movies, music, broters or sisters (not the parents in the first conversation), her friends, etc.

Hope it helps a bit.

I don't talk to women; I let them talk about themselves and I give them compliments and advice. I find that chicks usually deal with alot of self esteem issues, so as a result they look for alot of advice, compliments, validation and someone to let them let alll of that emotinal stuff out.

If I had a satang for everytime I had a chick that say that I "understand them", I could open a a som tam stand!

Chicks in general really don't want to talk intellectual crap with men, when they do it is simply an accomodataion or exercise to fit in. You guys ever watch "Sex in the City" or hang out with openly gay men? They talk gossip, crititque the superficial and commiserate on the emotional. From NYC to BKK chicks all talk about the same trivial shit(men do the same about pussy and sports).

I like Thai girls because unlike their American sisters they have not been Oprah-fied and expect their husbands/boyfriends to be EVERYTHING(father, lover, brother, best friend, mate, psychiatrist, finacial security, etc) to them.

I agree with Jjsushi,

i think it is better to let the girls talk, and actually listen. It can be a joy to offer advice to a girl and see a nice smile or some signal of sincere appreciation. Empathy i think is the word I am looking for.

Alot of the time I think men going on about there intellectual bullshit is an egotistical attempt to impress. It can make you appear intelligent.

I am not saying theres not aplace for intellectual conversation, but I think there is a time and a place.

My (previous) thai girlfriend was an intelligent, polite and open minded person, as far as her sphere of experience had stretched. She was still quite naive and innocent,however, and asked me so many questions about things that may appear obvious to us, but not to her. Things like-do you have monkeys in your country?( I come from outside Belfast) and do have have chickens in ur country? The conversations were quite basic at times but I enjoyed teaching her about things. I am only 24 but I had an insight into what its like to be a father and boyfriend at the same time.

The best quality you can have in a relationship is to be flexible, and open.

There are two different types of society, deference ones like thailand, japan etc. and solidarity ones like the US and Australia (GB is closer to the deference end of the scale). In deference societies people are more reserved and less 'intrusive', but in solidarity societies there is more emphasis on positive face, and being straightforward and upfront. As you can see they're kind of on opposite ends of the scale.

When people from these two cultures meet they often percieve each other as being rude as they are pertaining to different norms. Of course neither is being rude, the world's just full of different people.

My advice; less discussion more partying ::

peace,

beachboy

jjsushi said:

I don't talk to women; I let them talk about themselves and I give them compliments and advice. I find that chicks usually deal with alot of self esteem issues, so as a result they look for alot of advice, compliments, validation and someone to let them let alll of that emotinal stuff out.

:D That is exactly what I do with my dates. I let them talk. I found that I learned a lot about them this way. Just comment them here and there, ask a few questions, and listen a lot. ::

Archived