Brothers who have lost the plot :-(

Pom_Jao_Choo

I mean come on, I know that there are those that have spent more time in country than I will ever acumulatively.

Stilll tell me that this is your girlfriends dinner? You didn't actuallly eat that did you ? http://board.nanaplaza.com/ppost/data/1/883fiery.jpg I can pull back 4 or 5 chilli's myself , but that plate is not displaying food suited for white boys !

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice one! That's the big mac of NE Thailand. Looks like som tam poo pla la (papaya salad with crab, fermented fish). Don't knock it until you've tried it the 20th time. Grows on you . I'll take :chili: :chili: :chili: :chili: :chili: chili's too.

PJC,

Ahhhhh, that's the good stuff! :D Works great if you haven't had a bowel movement for a few days! :: You should taste some of the larp with a few dozen chillies in it! That'sa somea spicey a meataballs there! Those little green Thai chillies make habanjeiro (however the hell it's spelled) peppers seem mild by comparison! Another thing you might want to avoid is the chopped raw beef spicey dish the Lao guys like to eat in Isaan with their beers. I think the only reason they don't get food poisoning and worms from it is the amount of goddamned peppers they put in it! ::

I like spicy food, but the Thais can go quite a bit overboard with it, especially the gals.

Cent

Hey Chancy,

How's things going in the Northern territories? How's married life treating you? :)

Here in Isaan I have seen finely crushed peanuts sprinkled on some som tam varieties. Actually I'll stick to the baby food style of som tam. That overly fiery style screws with my guts after a while, something fierce! When are you next in BKK anyways? I'll be there next week chasing down visa paperwork for the wife and myself, probably all week. Depends. A night out would be nice. I'll be up sometime during August for a visit, squiring about the country with my visiting sister and her son from the states. Chiang Mai is on her list of must sees. (And I wouldn't mind a trip up myself. It's been a while! :( )

Cent

Hi,

Looking at that pic made me laugh too much. :D

Last visit there, we're sitting at the outside family eating table, and gf grabs a bowl of pure chili peppers from the center of table, and proceedes to gobble them all up plain. She's really going at it, and I guess my mouth fell open while watching, and I said "tam arai na" (what are you doing?). The whole family fell off their chairs laughing. :grinyes:

Of course, she complained a half hour later, that was "phet bai maak" (too spicy). But then she went right back for it, the next morning at breakfast :yikes:

Khon Thai baa maak (freaking Thai's are crazy!) :)

Som Tam in Ang Thong? Is really good, but I can't handle the little black crabs in it. Salty as hell, but the famous woman there that sells down some deserted soi next to a klong (crab source?), sure has a following. Pick-ups continuously lined 6 deep, and I've never seen anyone handle a machete like that, attacking a green papaya. A true artist at work! ::

HT

Once had a dish in Chiang Mai that was made from raw pig's blood and raw pig's liver, assorted pungent herbs, a selection of tree bark, roasted ground rice, a few insects that fell into the Bok Bok and enough chillies to kill. So that I wouldn't pick up any parasites I also consumed about 3/4 of a bottle of Glenfiddich Whiskey.

Seems to have worked. I couldn't even remember the word parasite the next morning.

Cheer

Coss

Archived