Help! My GTG girlfriend is cheating on me!!

MaakSiDa

"...When she finds him, it will be no problem to cut off her financial sponsor because she has little emotional involvement for this banker and her perceived now love will take of her at least her mind..."

Maybe, or maybe not. She may not throw anything away as long as it is giving her money. Many of these girls learn fast that they can play a guy and keep it comming for as long as they can. In this respect there is little or no difference between a GTG and a Bad TG (BTG).

"...Why are there so many guys out there who just won't let go when the obvious signs are there where you aren't the one?..."

This one perplexes me, even though I have recently done it as well. My guess is they/we/I feel that we can prevail and win the girl, if you can call it winning...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MSD,

Doesn't sound like a GTG to me.

If a GTG is what you want, start looking.

Grabii

MaakSiDa said:

My GTG girlfriend, with whom I have a serious relationship since 17 months is cheating on me (since 6 months)!! It started back then when my girlfriend's mother insisted that she moves out of my flat into another (friend's) flat, 'as we are not married'... She's a student, 20, who has changed over the last six months a lot. I just started to understand why... After moving into her friend's flat we saw each other only every couple of days or even weeks, she claimed that she travelled together with dad to Bangkok... I've found out that she placed profiles on several internet dating sites (had too much time away from me?), and also joined chat rooms. We had some arguments why we saw each other less and less often. After all, I have never even looked at any other girls since I know her!! I supported her every month financially, her college fees, motorbike etc, etc...

She keeps lieing to me!! Hey, she might actually have met and have sex with other guys in Bangkok, contracting HIV!! I'm really scared as for Aids. I don't understand her. But I still LOVE her!!

I guess, that she's afraid to die, as she has a serious medical heart condition. She thinks, that neither me, nor her parents can pay for the surgery.

What should I do?? Should I dump her? After all, she's not a bargirl, not 'butterflying' for the money. Should I just try how it works out over time?

posted awhile back about a "GTG" who was playing me along, as well as a few others from this board. All the while, she was engaged to another guy. When I caught her at it, her excuse was she had no idea if any of us was really serious, and would follow through. She explained she was 36, never married, and wanted something in her life. She saw nothing wrong with what she was doing at all. When I accused her of lying, she actually said she didn't consider it lying. She was basically seeing who came off first. Sad is, it almost cost her everything...rumor has it, the guy followed through with the marrage, but she was still sending Christmas messages to other guys...some are never happy with what they have...always playing their options and always looking for a better deal...others just figure a guy isn't serious and move on...

=====================================

As OH said she and many others don't see this as lying. Unfortunately, I believe the majority will continue to try to "upgrade" even after they are married.

I have an experience where a Thai woman married to a farang was hitting on me. I almost told the guy but didn't want to get involved.

I think, yes in general, Thai women want security and you should try to marry within a few months time to be fair.

But these days I don't think there is a lot of difference between BG and GTG, they seem to think alike in the sense that they are trying to bankroll as many farangs as possible and even keep a Thai BF.

And yes I think the new game is going shortime by meeting on chats etc... The girls these days are computer saavy and have mobiles. Prices for webtime and mobile time have dropped as well. Ever look around the internet cafe and see how many GTG's have their webcams on and who they are chatting with?

I think younger girls, cute as they are, are flakey and immature and that can last until nearly 30 years old.

They all want to be Tata Young and have lots of money(your money)... and of course "they have to take care of mother and father", "it's my culture".

I don't think Thailand is an easy game, (and not getting easier) but it's the only game around.

As regards your GF, I would really be pissed off that she decieved me in this way, but who doesn't also want to have a backup incase things don't work out, farang men do the same.

Almost everyone plays the field until they are married.

If it isn't too late for you and you can talk to her about it, then try to confront her and see how she reacts.

Otherwise I think you must take care of yourself and move on.

MaakSiDa, you seem to have difficulty accepting the situation. She has left you. She has moved on, but you are in denial and are clinging to the good times before she started cheating.

The trust is gone, she is gone, things will never be the same.

There are plenty of good, fun, honest available women around. The woman you wrote about is not a GTG (in my book at least, a GTG would not even think about another guy in those terms, let alone date online or in real life.) You may just need to get free of the baggage of this bad experience before you they see you as available.

Pick up your long face, look yourself in the eye in the mirror, and realize its over.

Why do you think you are getting similar advice from so many guys on this board? Must tell you something.

Archived