42" plasma flat screens in Thailand

mycowjai

MKJ,

You might try contacting the Thai customs people via websight? or maybe a phone call? or calling the consulate in your respective country. Ask them what the duty would be, see if you can get it in writing, in case they charge more on arrival.

If you are shipping it from the USA, I do know there is an outfit in LA someplace that will ship anything to LOS, and handle all the paper work. Hell if I remember the name...but find one of these groups, and maybe they can help.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trouble is, most airlines will not insure an item in a cardboard box, except for theft. So given the expense, he might not want to take the risk. Also, as I mentioned, the weight might be a factor in terms of what is allowed as baggage. Also, I would think about warrenty issues...so maybe do a full on cost analysis, and then decide.

krml said:

I hope you have it insured. I can't imagine the luggage handlers being all that careful with it. It would more than likely not make it there in one piece.

Plus, I don't know if this works like an LCD, but the dead pixels from a sudden jolt would leave a bunch of white dots all over the screen. Of course that is if it uses pixels for display. I don't know.

Also as OH stated it would probably cost quite a bit to ship. Even as a carry on item most airlines charge for oversized packages due to the weight and size. You definitely wouldn't be able to sneak it through without claiming it at customs. So I am sure they would hit you with a nice fat tariff.

I brought my 21" Philips comp monitor back with me from the States on United last year, packed in the original packaging- it was almost new.

Fuckers banged it around so much that, not only was the case cracked, but the guns were actually ripped off the back of the tube itself!

GF sold it at Panthip for 300 baht!

Archived