Thailand Junkie

rockbrowns

And you're surrounded by tedium at work with desks piled high with paperwork, deadlines and working lunches! Yup. You need another trip.

And when you pass through immigration out into the arrivals hall and it feels like you've come home. Some day soon you promise yourself you will make the move. Even if the only thing you could realistically do is teach English for 250 baht a month!

Guys,

Thanks for the good thoughts! I have enough Frequent Flyer miles to fly business through the Star Alliance! Lets hope USAIRWAYS doesnt go down for good! My next trip is reliant on those miles and I have put 1 grand in the kiddy already. I am really looking forward to October when I travel again. I am married and have 2 great kids, so I will be on a business trip! I will continue to post on this board and look forward to finding a time to write a trip report. Wonder if living in Thailand takes some of the joy away. Desire is such a strong thing, then you are there full time, does it change?

Looking forward to the next trip immensely!

rockbrowns said:

Wonder if living in Thailand takes some of the joy away. Desire is such a strong thing, then you are there full time, does it change?

Personally, no and yes.

I do leave the country about once a month for work so maybe not a true 24/7/365er but have been here 7 years and have a happy life. I get to do all that I want and more. Don't go out everynight, have a YF and kids, but do get out and about when it suits. Have some accomodating friends and some good mates too. About the only thing wrong is that I wish I were the energizer bunny!

Being here means you don't need to cram months into a few weeks so a more relaxed approach to life is possible.

Cheers

M.

"Next comes the alcoholism, always being broke...feelings of loneliness, dispair, and logging into Thai chat rooms just to chat to Thai girls, who are actually bored farang guys (I am Orchid hot lick69)...soon you will slip into poverty, dispair and isolation, then enevitably, suicide...welcome to our world..."

So that's what happend to all those guy who take a jump off of the 12th story in Pattaya... ::

"...So that's what happend to all those guy who take a jump off of the 12th story in Pattaya..."

Those are the lucky ones Pal! They escaped this hell...just wait till you meet your first Si Saket girl... Your next question will be What building has the best balcony to jump from? oh this hell never ends, run now! run fast, run long! but run !!!!!

>>Those are the lucky ones Pal! They escaped this hell...just wait till you meet your first Si Saket girl... <<

Thats nuthin. Just wait until Nigel splooges his fiance. He'll be taping a black plastic bag around his face praying for obliteration while stabbing himself repeatedly in the gonads

Archived