Thailand Junkie

rockbrowns

How do you deal with the hangover of Thailand? I am back in the states, and allI want to do is go back. I have enough frequent flyer miles for a free trip in business, i have the cash, gimme a break. I think it gets in your blood and you are done. I had the same experience with AMS backin 98, when there was a good exchange rate. Now I say, Amsterwhere, Germany FKK what? I am hooked on the Thai way !

I love the people, food, scene,and tight little thai women!

Jerking off doesnt cut it!

Next comes the alcoholism, always being broke...feelings of loneliness, dispair, and logging into Thai chat rooms just to chat to Thai girls, who are actually bored farang guys (I am Orchid hot lick69)...soon you will slip into poverty, dispair and isolation, then enevitably, suicide...welcome to our world... :)

rockbrowns,

Nervous Dog is correct. One way to ease those Bangkok Blues is to post here your trip reports, stories, anecdotes, bar and hotel recommendations, and all that stuff. I does seem to help some while away the time and get things out that are bothering them, or to relive the last trip, and to just discuss this addiction with other Thailand addicts here. Another way to cure the Bangkok Blues, or ease the pain, is to start planning your next trip immediately! Using the board and info from others here to maximize your next trip over, and see and do new things that sound of interest that you find here you might want to do in Thailand next trip.

Join the club. You are among friends with the same problem at times.

Cent

p.s. The only other way to avoid this stuff is to come work and live here, but I don't recommend that course myself if you are too young to retire early. Although long sabbatials here are good fun and nice, but then, you might get the fever and addiction even worse, and never leave! :D

Rockbrowns,

U get my sympathy, try banging your head against a wall and then tell yourself 'wow, that was a wild dream!!' :o and just go back to your rountine life. it may not be much fun but at least you have some control back in you life.

I'm an addict too.. started far too long ago, simple things like always having a flight booked helps, keeping busy and having a job that will pay for all this.Also having a mate who knows the reality of the place.

Use this site if it helps... take from it what is useful..ignore the rest.

::

JP

As someone mentioned, BUY YOUR NEXT TICKET NOW! Always have your next ticket in hand. If you can score your next ticket before you leave Thailand, even better.

Then you can convince yourself that those days in Farangland are merely "the times between when I'm living in Thailand."

How old are you?

Archived