Nice day/evening out

Nervous_Dog

Over at the national Art Gallery, they are still haveing the weekend fairs.

QUite nice, and I got a grweat (Lisping) charcol portrait of my neice for 50 baht!

Next over to the huge park opposite Thamasart uni and the Palace, where they are flying hundreds of kites.

No wind yeasterday, no poroblem, simplky buy a helium baloon, tie it to the kite, and bingo, you kite is airborn!

Afterwards, A walk to the nice groovery restaurants, followed by desert and hair braiding in Koasan road.

The restaurants along the water front are very good, cheapo and fun!

DOG

Just my opinion, but 99% of the art works sold at stalls at the National Museum is crap. It's not real contemporary art but Kitsch catering to the tastes of uneducated locals and tourists.

Last year I tried hard find something valuable to bring home for myself, but I couldn't find anything what came even close to my taste. But that doesn't mean that the artists are not good at painting e.g., they are only behind the times - maybe for to make a living as an artist in Thailand.

Agreed, but for 50 baht, a verry nice charcol sketch s a bargain.

now if you want some good artworks, go to Bangkok Gallery, Soi 20, DONT o to Gallery H, crap there as well

Guys like VASAN, who I really like, are still very afordable, and are now in major institutions around the globe!

DOG

Archived