Breakfast in BKK ... around 9am .. where??

Hidy Ho

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had a great "American Style" breakfast today ... nice three egg omelette with Chicken Sausage, spinach, & mushrooms, toasted English Muffins, and perfectly greased home fries ... the staff spoke pretty good English, and my coffee mug was refilled multiple times without me having to ask !!!!

Problem????

My bill was $16.90 USD for two people, tip was expected and the place is located just a bit outside Suk - Noe Valley, San Francisco ::

But it was good eating after a LONG flight!!!

The B99 breakfast buffet at the Fortuna Hotel, Soi 5, just past Foodland, while nothing really special, is not bad for the price. Most of the usual buffet items are available. The bacon is usually undercooked, but you can ask them to cook it more. Eggs to order and decent coffee. The room is quite comfortable.

David

Jazz,

Best bet for an American breakfast and menu and consistently good foods is the Bourbon Street Restaurant. I use it most days when in Bangkok myself. It's off Soi 22 in the Washington Square. The Soi is just opposite the Regency Park Hotel on Soi 22. Just walk down there and the restaurant is on your right just past the Korean BBQ joint and the Japanese place. Omelets, pancakes, home fries, etc. Good omelets. The Mexican omelet there is a favorite of mine. Check them out and you'll probably be there every morning, well early afternoon, as I am for my farang breakfast fix. I love Thai foods, but not for breakfast usually. I wouldn't steer you wrong Jazz. Trust me on this. I take my breakfast serious! :-) Most important meal of the day! A decent breakfast and a Centrum vitamin and I am able to face anything the world has to throw at me. :D

Cent

Jazz,

Eh? I just noticed you already know about Bourbon Street. What more do you need for a decent tasty breakfast? I find it to be one of the best places in that area of Suk for breakfast. Also hear that one of the small bars around the corner has a decent American breakfast. Can't remember if this is the Texas Lone Star bar, or the other one near there. (Forget the name now of the other bar.)

Cent

• 2 weeks later...

Archived