Breakfast in BKK ... around 9am .. where??

Hidy Ho

Any ideas??

Especially "American" style places ... pancakes, omelettes and such? I like to have my big strong coffee and read my papers while getting fatter.

Bourbon St. is open ... most "English" places around Soi 33 were not ... Coffee Max on Soi 22 is just OK.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-

Jazz asked about American style breakfast - apparently in the Suk 22-33 area. For a superb breakfast go to the Regency Park Hotel, Suk soi 22.

All-you-can-eat buffet with omelettes made to your order, potatoes, baked beans, fried rice, and other hot dishes such as pork medallions in mushroom sauce, fish in dill sauce, chicken with basil. Plus pancakes, french toast, American style bacon, cold cereals, yoghurt, fruit, pastries, fresh bread for toast, and on and on.

All you can eat for 140++ baht.

Open from 6:30 AM until 11:00 AM every day.

The restaurant is on the third floor - use elevator at the back of the lobby.

If you go, I hope you'll post a review with your opinions.

-

Breakfast buffet in Oriental...ask Bubi! :neener:

the brunch buffet (i think only weekends) in Sukothai Hotel is also excellent.

i like Dim Sum for breakfast. where can i have it in Bangkok (for BREAKFAST! i know many places that have Dim Sum for lunch).

I am pretty sure Baiyoke Sky has Dim Sum buffet every day, not sure of the price! Also, Somewhere up on Sukhumvit, before you get a Asoke, the is/was a Chinese restaurant that had Dim Sum daily...

Nana Hotel has a breakfast buffet with eggs (fried and scrambled) potatoes and bacon, all you can eat.

Ate there today ... standard hotel buffet fair.

Not complaining as it was a welcomed change of pace from Bourbon St. ...

Somehow my bill was 300 baht or so ... didn't discuss it as I was fighting a hangover. I had the buffet and many cups of coffee.

I've stayed there many times previously ... just never got up for breakfast before.

I also used to stay at Sheraton .. their breakfast was really good ... don't know how much it cost since it was included in my room cost (free - starwood points!!!)

-

Jazz wrote: "Somehow my bill was 300 baht or so ... didn't discuss it as I was fighting a hangover"

That would be right if you ordered fresh juice along with breakfast: it's an extra 117 baht (100++). There's a sign on each table specifying that extra charge if you order fresh juice, but with a hangover could be easy to overlook that.

Standard price for breakfast buffet is 140++, or free if you are staying at the Regency Park.

-

Guest lazyphil

I cant remember do bkk MacD's sell Sausage and egg McMuffins, I cant get enough of them, I wish they sold them all day here instead of cutting off at 10am :(

Archived