New airport immigration processing?

rickfarang

Confession is good for the soul.

POST REPORTERS

International passengers arriving at Don Maung last night were the first to experience the latest development in the Thai Rak Thai?s three year old social order campaign as they were each asked in turn to confess any impure intentions for their stay in Thailand, according to Interior Minister Bhokin Bhalakula.

Passengers cued up in front of small improvised confessionals just in front of the immigration lobby. The booths were staffed by female high school students as no monks were willing to participate.

Each passenger took a turn in the confessional and was asked to honestly state whether they intended to participate in any impure activities. Those confessing to such intentions would not be allowed to enter the Kingdom. Two passengers were turned away last night.

?They may not have understood what they were being asked.? said airport official Watsamattagai.

Airport officials said that the process would only add an additional 20 or 30 minutes to everyone?s processing time.

If this proves successful, Phuket International Airport will add the confessionals as well.

Some passengers will be exempt from confession. At this time, the exempt passengers are government officials, holders of the Thailand Elite Card, and those who have an exemption stamp in their passports. The exemption stamp can be obtained for a small fee from any policeman in the Bangkok metropolitan area.

?She wanted to know if I was going to pay for sex and if I thought I might get drunk while here.? Said vacationer who gave his name only as ?Fiery Jack.?

The three-year-old ?social order? campaign originally targeted drug abuse, but has expanded to include curbing alcohol abuse, prostitution, loud music in public places, and smoking.

When asked about cleaning up other nuisances, Mr. Bhalakula replied: ?There are no plans to remove the students with clipboards in front of the Central World Plaza?

Under the same order i was refused entry, i had more than the acceptable amount of condom's ,i was only allowed to enter by paying a 500bht fine and allowing them to keep all the strawberry flavoured condoms.

rickfarang said:

Passengers cued up in front of small improvised confessionals just in front of the immigration lobby. The booths were staffed by female high school students as no monks were willing to participate.

Can you barfine those students ?

Did you ask the ST / TL prices ?

Enquiring minds want to know.

BB

march 31st here

Archived