does your GF do this?

thai3

[color:"red"] The good old toothpaste trick I first experienced with a TBG, but yes my TGF does that also & I sometimes even return the favor

Not sure how they come up with this stuff though

[/color]

It is an old Thai thinking of pleasing men. That is we women do not want men to feel INDEPENDENT and the Thai men love things to be done for them. I had a few guests who were men of wanting everything done for them. Bull, they went without some convenience when being my guests.

Many Thai men have "second wives" because the regular wives do not have time to do things for them because of raising children, jobs and whatever. Many of these men never stop to think that helping their partners a little bit will help the situation, they must become selfish and take up the second wives becasue "I need more attention, I am a man" attitude. Mind you, it is their mothers who raised these men this way. Fortunately, my Thai friends told me that younger generation men are better. However, up-country men such as in Isaan are still expecting women to wait on them hand and foot (I was told), true or not, credit to the source.

Western men are brought up by different attitude and I find it easier to please these men. Darn, just a little gesture on toothpaste means love? How much easier can it get? :)

Jasmine

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However, up-country men such as in Isaan are still expecting women to wait on them hand and foot (I was told)

----------------------------------------

not sure what you mean, here, and what are your personal experiences about "issan" men. as thai men, maybe, yes, but Issan men, what does that mean?

in my ex's village, most of the guys were migrant workers, in BKK or abroad, and in the big Issan cities, guys are thai men, not Issan men, same stories one hears anywhere around the country. Also, the stories i hear from my issan women friends (+ ex-gf) are more that the women please their men, yes, but they also have a mind of their own, and the guiy better not screw with it too much.

[color:"red"] Yeah we´re too easy I know, but hey I like to call it a good match

[/color]

Good call :) Life is easier when ones realize that it doesn't take much to please a partner, and at my age, I have no time nor patience for complications. :o

Jasmine ::

jasmine said:

[color:"red"] The good old toothpaste trick I first experienced with a TBG, but yes my TGF does that also & I sometimes even return the favor

Not sure how they come up with this stuff though

[/color]

It is an old Thai thinking of pleasing men. That is we women do not want men to feel INDEPENDENT and the Thai men love things to be done for them. I had a few guests who were men of wanting everything done for them. Bull, they went without some convenience when being my guests.

Many Thai men have "second wives" because the regular wives do not have time to do things for them because of raising children, jobs and whatever. Many of these men never stop to think that helping their partners a little bit will help the situation, they must become selfish and take up the second wives becasue "I need more attention, I am a man" attitude. Mind you, it is their mothers who raised these men this way. Fortunately, my Thai friends told me that younger generation men are better. However, up-country men such as in Isaan are still expecting women to wait on them hand and foot (I was told), true or not, credit to the source.

Western men are brought up by different attitude and I find it easier to please these men. Darn, just a little gesture on toothpaste means love? How much easier can it get? :)

Jasmine

God or Budda bless those Thai men and their "selfish" ways! We Western men have gotten things so ass backwards in our "modern" thinking.

Funny I work with a bunch of guys that brag about what they do and how they provide for their wives/gfs yet none brag about what those women do for them. What is even more telling is that I have yet to hear a woman in my office talk about how she pampers or spoils her man.

Personally if I do not feel pampered or spoiled by my American gf i will call her to task for it.

Hell i may just retire to Thailand for the mia noi benefits alone!

pattaya127 said:

However, up-country men such as in Isaan are still expecting women to wait on them hand and foot (I was told)

----------------------------------------

not sure what you mean, here, and what are your personal experiences about "issan" men. as thai men, maybe, yes, but Issan men, what does that mean?

in my ex's village, most of the guys were migrant workers, in BKK or abroad, and in the big Issan cities, guys are thai men, not Issan men, same stories one hears anywhere around the country. Also, the stories i hear from my issan women friends (+ ex-gf) are more that the women please their men, yes, but they also have a mind of their own, and the guiy better not screw with it too much.

Maybe Jasmine is implying that there are cultural differences between Issan men and those who consider themselves "Thai" first. I have met several Issan people both men and women who will tell you there is a difference between being Issan and being Thai both ethnically and culturally. They consider themselves Isssan first and refer to themselves as Issan and not Thai.

Thanks for sharing this with us, JJ, but not exactly pertaining to the crux of the matter, which was not about how much they felt more Issan than thai (even though they may), but Issan men being more "traditonally" pampered than other thai men to this day.

I just say, no more no less.

It's an IME POV, won't refute those who have seen otherwise, but Jasmine was "being told", and "being told" is a national sport in Thailand, where gossip and finger-pointing the "other" is ubiquitous (and fun too).

As for our roots, they are indeed very important, for all the pride i have of being an american citizen, i can be quoted many times as being first and foremost french, which is in no way being oblivious of being an american, but a quite natural and cultural rootedness.

I asked the GF who told her how to look after men the way she does and her reply was nobody it just seems natural, but it's taught one way or another I suppose. She is kamin and thinks all things kamin are better than Lao or thai, apart from the music I hope! -peter

Archived