Looking for a new digital camera

khunsanuk

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Nikon D70 is a very nice camera, but in terms of noise at different ISO levels you just cannot compare it to the Canon 20D. It also doesn't have a 100 ISO setting which I personally wouldn't like. Here in Thailand you can use ISO 100 most of the time.

Stick

Stickman said:

I've got a Canon 20D which is possibly the Canon 8 megapixel camera you were referring to. This camera behaves just like a film SLR and the shutter lag is virtually non-existent.

Stick

Can you spell $2000.00 +?? Nice camera, it can act as an direct replacment for a 35mm slr. I was advised by a sale's rep that this one is a "crossover" model. Over to where he didn't say, he seemed to imply that it was a bridge between the Digital Rebel and something else.

The 20D has so much going for it it's going to be an event when it gets replaced by a higher model. At 8mp and using REAL glass lens it has a lot going for it. But for the extra 1000.00 bucks it a giant step up from the Digital Rebel.

Shit.

K Sanuk...

I addition to the camera review sites myself and others have already listed, I also suggest checking out the site below:

http://www.lonestardigital.com/

The site reviews camera and lists suggestions for those having different camera needs...compacts, beginner, family use, etc. The list may help making your decision.

THe site also has a great section for AA NIMH batteries, where brands are tested and compared. This section would only be of use to you should you acquire a camera that uses AA size batteries

Surely, you're finding all this info overwhelming...but no matter which camera you finally buy, it will be hard to find one that doesn't meet your needs, as you're not looking for a semi...or..profesional type camera.

Happy hunting...

The battery info link you provided is a terrific site, thanks for posting it.

Anybody using re-chargeable batteries for any important device should take a look at this sight. After reading on it about re-charging NImh's, I realized that my cheap, Pantip charger had overcooked many of my AA's, rendering them incapable of building up a full charge.

Now I will know to moniter battery heat build-up during charging, an expensive lesson.

David

Archived