selection of condoms in BKK

cardinalblue

There are many many brands of condoms available in LOS. Almost all are made here, some others are imported from other SE Asian counties. To my knowledge there are no US or European imports available in Thailand at this time. Cost prohibitive.

I happen to be the proud owner of Body Guard Brand Condoms, which are manufactured in a large size (54mm) and now also in what is referred to around here as regular size (52mm). They are readily available in all of the tourist areas, in pharmacies, minimarts, short time hotels and also in vending machines in many of the gogo bars and other venues in Bangkok and Pattaya.

The 54's are similar in size and shape to Trojen.Enz. Body Guards have been available here for the past two years and were the first large size condoms manufactured here for local use. As with all good ideas, we now find that other companies are following our lead. Durex now makes a size 54 product as well as Ansell, the former is a lot more expensive, the latter is a little less.

I feel that we will always be the leader in the market catering to foreigners. That is what the company was set up to do and our upper most desire and goal. For example, the expiration date on Body Guard pakages is printed in the Western (Gregorian) calendar, that we are all familiar with, as well as the Thai calendar, as required by law.

In addition, we are now using 25% more lubricant than the industry standard. In my opinion, the leading cause of condom breakage is lack of lubrication. We have not indicated the addition of extra lubricant on our packaging in an attempt to prevent our competitors from using our innovations. However, I hope you can feel the difference.

Please try the product and let me know how you like it. Any questions or comments can be posted on this board or by personal message.

BTW, I am planning to stop by Woodstock this Friday evening, the 13th, around 7 PM and looking forward to meeting some of the guys. I will have samples with me, if anyone is interested, and, yes, there will be a round of drinks on me. Guido.

[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: CondomKing ]

[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: CondomKing ]

quote:

Originally posted by racha:

Hi Condomking,

I would like to thank you for your excellent product, before your condoms were available it was a hard job (impossible)to find decent fitting condoms in Thailand.

From a very satisfied & happy customer,

Racha,

Thanks, man, I appreciate the positive feedback and I'll pass it along to the staff. Guido.

smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by shygye:

Condomking,

Which retail outlets carry your product? What is the retail price?

Take a look at the website, all of the retail outlets are listed, there are so many on Sukhumvit and in Pattaya that I'm surprised you would ask and a little concerned. They are in all Boots retail shops. Have you had trouble finding them?

Also vending machines in the Beer Garden, Thermae, Federal, Honey Hotel, Boubon Street, many gogo bars in each of the entertainment centers.

Price is 20 B each in the machine. 3/50 B in pharmacies and minimarts.

Really should be no problem to find the product in the tourist areas. Please let me know if you have any difficulty. Guido.

quote:

Originally posted by Beeb:

CondomKing,

How do they compare size-wise to Magnums?

Not a large as a Magnum. I think Magnums are something like 55 or 56 mm (flat width), and mine are 54mm, most others here are 52mm (I make that size also, I call it "regular size").

If Magnums are the size you prefer, you'd better bring your own. You'll never find that size condom in LOS. Good luck, Guido.

quote:

Originally posted by cardinalblue:

CondomKing,

Thanks for the information. I will give them a try.

I will try to catch you at Woodstock this friday, but it will be closer to 8pm due to my work schedule and traffic.

All the best,

Cardinalblue

Sorry, I think we'll miss each other. I'm planning to be there by 7 and, unfortunately I'll have to leave by 7:20, I've got an appointment on Soi 8 at 7:30 that can't be changed. No, not what you think, dinner with friends in some French restaurant, that I didn't even know existed. You can imagine my surprise when I asked my friend if he could push back the reservation so that I could spend a little time in Woodstock and he said, "NO"(!!!???), evidently the french place is very strict about reservation times!!!???

I thought we were in Thailand. I can't believe that anyone ever shows up for their reservation on time. I live in New York half the year and no one ever shows up on time for a reservation. Anyway, there you have it.

Anyway, I am planning to attend the daytime party on Saturday that Blackie extended an invitation for. Have you seen it, I think it's in the general discussion area. Maybe I'll meet you there. Ciao, Guido.

[ July 12, 2001: Message edited by: CondomKing ]

Archived