To take him to Thailand or not?

Redbaron

Hi guys,

These next few months I'll be faced with a bit of a dilemna.. again. See a good friend of mine has just split with his better half, and the chances of them getting back together are zero. They do have a 6 year old girl though, so will be in regular contact.

He's been married before,(got caught butterflying - finito), and I'm sure marriage again is the last thing on his mind. He's 56, retired, fit and well.

My idea was for him to get over to LOS and let off a bit of steam now and them. Like me, he doesn't seem to be the easiest person to live with, and long term relationships are generally fairly futile.

My only concern would be for him to go off the rails while over there, and become another statistic... Any thoughts?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let him make his decision and find it on his own. There are times when I wish I never heard of the place...it has taken over my lif! for good and bad alike. I have declined a few recent invites to take guys to LOS for the first time. I don't want any parts of what might happen. Sort of like being the guy who gets another strung on Heroin buy giving him his first shot...I had an argument last year with a coworker when we were in LOS, he is married (I know his wife and kids), and I refused to take him out on the town and show him the night life...I didn't want to be the one to corrupt him...he made his own decisions, and is now getting divorced I understand...glad I wasn't part of it all...

Redbaron,

Is it "his" idea to go or your masterplan ??

If he decides to go, he will go anyway..with you or without you. I think it's always good to travel to LOS with a "Drinking partner" because even the "stayers" have to come up for air sometimes !! War stories over a couple of coldies is always good fun.

If it's his first venture, maybe a steadying influence, to drag him out of the wrong candy store (if need be), would not be a bad thing.

Besides it gives you a good excuse to get back and Party !!

At 56 he's not a kid, so what's the worst thing that can happen? He ends up a LOS addict like the rest of us !!

"...At 56 he's not a kid, so what's the worst thing that can happen? He ends up a LOS addict like the rest of us !! ..."

I know one guy age 57, not a kid either...went to LOS for the first time, met a demon woman and ended up proposing to her a week later...found out she was a lying cunt, and married her anyway...THAT IS WHAT CAN HAPPEN!!!

I agree with Dumsoda, he has to make the decision, but if he is going anyway, you may help him by coming along and keeping him out of the worst of trouble, by offering him a sounding board. But, then, at his (and my) age, the reponsibility for the outcome is his and his alone.

Yeah Red, LOS may be a bit too much for him to start with. :nono: Better you send him to Phnom Penh and I'll gently guide him into the life of depravity he has always dreamt of. :devil:

When one wakes up dead it's ONLY the stuff you didn't do that you (or he) will ever regret. Live life.......... no one gets out alive.

Archived