Check Bin Change

ultras67

In Pattaya I have noticed a new trick by some bars when they bring you change to "encourage" you to leave bigger tips.

Instead of getting 10baht in single coins or 2 5baht coins or a single 10 baht coin they are starting to give out single baht coins sellotaped up into 5baht columns. Last night in jacuzzi a go go they brought back 20baht of change in 4 of these taped columns. Imagine the weight in your pocket with these all night.

It seems the practice is spreading as it happened in a few places last night. :(

Or carry a small tube of Superglue. Just glue all the 1 baht coins to the change tray and let the clever attendants spend the rest of their shift prying them off. :devil:

Hello... they just get them from the banks this way. It's not a scam.. Also a pack of 5/10 coins is easier to bring along than 5/10 loose coins.

I'd be delighted if I got that in change, great to pay for public transportation. :)

Cheers,

Chanchao

??? cellotaped packs of 5 from the bank? I doubt it.

But I do remember buying at least 2 rolls of tape a week so my cashiers could alternate taping them in such bundles then tearing them apart to count them for the 72nd time before rewrapping them.

I mean these girls must spend a third of each shift counting, wrapping, unwrapping, counting and rewrapping 1 baht coins. It's a national hobby.

Archived