Phuket Air again

First England, now this:

Phuket Air not longer welcome on Dutch soil

Today the Dutch aviation authorities (IVW) suspended all landing rights for Phuket Air with immediate effect. The landing rights are suspended after the IVW found one of the operating Phuket Air pilot without the required medical certificate. Phuket Air was warned by the IVW that should adhere more to the international regulations.

165 passengers are stranded in Bangkok and at this moment there is no solution to get the people back to Amsterdam. Earlier this week Phuket Air decided to operate 3 instead of 2 weekly flights between Bangkok and Amsterdam.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!! >>

If true then the 7 pounds each for a return ticket to Linz, Austria I payed for our trip with ryanair should of scared us to death with fuel gushing on the runway and a senile pilot with blured vision and a hearing aid!

How long do you think that airline will stay in business, and maintain safety standards at that price? Guve it time. Hell, a few planes in the US fell out of the sky because of poor maintainance done at a "low cost, out sourced work center..." Hell, Timco here in the USA, a cheap over haul place just got busted for having illeagle immigrants working there. Not only were their immigration papers forged, so were their licenses and repair certificates, if they even had fake ones...this is a bad situation to say the least, trust me on this! :) :)

Guest lazyphil

true, however you are at a high risk of death in los with caviler drunk drivers and trucks in rainstorms with bald tyres!

Old Hippie said:

Don't get me started on these low cost carriers and how they cut corners...YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!

Yes, absolute correct, i did a fly from Zurich to London with 'easyjet' last year. For an hour or 90 minutes, it seems ok, but for shure not for a longer distance.

(In the meantime esayjet do not landing anymore in Zurich)

Archived