Which NP members do you miss?

Neo

[color:"red"] MaW asking : Who is next [/color]

I think a "Big Brother" style poll would be appropriate to nominate the next person to be ejected :: :: ::

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just_my_2_satang said:Respect ?

Where was disrespect shown ?

Khun Sanuk created a great forum and I hope for him he does make lot of money from it.

But also the members must be respected, as without them, he does not have a board at all.

And moderators should lead by example.

I respect contributing members more than anonymous moderators.

I've been trying to stay away from this thread...

You talk about respect. In my opinion bb has shown very little respect for KS and many of the members here in this community for quite some time. The moderator felt he/she needed to edit bb's post right AFTER KS asked for patience. Where's the respect for KS in that?

As for moderator's leading by example... This sounds just like bb. The other moderators and I were axed because the moderator's were abusing their rights. After the switch the polls indicated that anonymous moderating was better.

"I respect contributing members more than anonymous moderators"

I respect people who have a decent argument and can back it up and can see the other side of the coin.

I have no respect for one-sided close minded folks.

<<burp>>

gummigut said:

You talk about respect. In my opinion bb has shown very little respect for KS and many of the members here in this community for quite some time. The moderator felt he/she needed to edit bb's post right AFTER KS asked for patience. Where's the respect for KS in that?

As for moderator's leading by example... This sounds just like bb. The other moderators and I were axed because the moderator's were abusing their rights. After the switch the polls indicated that anonymous moderating was better.

"I respect contributing members more than anonymous moderators"

I respect people who have a decent argument and can back it up and can see the other side of the coin.

I have no respect for one-sided close minded folks.

<<burp>>

Let me start with that I agree that BB obviously had an ax to grind regarding the change of moderation and, also, that he probably stretched it a bit too far. However, for the record, I would like to point out the following.

1) BB initally wrote a sour remark in this thread but actually rather quickly changed the post and then apologized. He didn't change his mind regarding the clumsy moderating, but he apologized for expressing his view in several different threads.

Now, the anonymous moderator felt even this was over the top. So, it was decided to totally cencor and black-out BB:s apology.

BB raised this issue. And in my opinion, he was right to oppose the moderators decision to black out his apology. He didn't do it by PM, that's correct. But anyone who has followed this thread knows that BB pointed out that he had PM:ed both KS and moderators several times without getting a reply. BAAM! BB is then banned because he didn't use PM or e-mail. C'mon...

The subject matter of this thread from page 8 or so is basically about bad moderation. It shows quite some bad judgement by the moderator to then ban people who is expressing their view on the matter in the thread.

Personally, I would like the board to stay fair (i.e. "see both sides of the coin"). The banning of both jjsushi and BelgianBoy -- two posters who spent *years* contributing to this board -- doesn't seem fair to me. :doah: How long has the Anonmyous Moderator been here?

<<As of late, I feel quite ashamed to be part of this cyber community looking back at this thread where little to no respect is shown to those who've given us a place to talk about our beloved Thailand. >>

Have to agree, while I used to quite like BB, and JJ was fun to bait, if you cause a problem, bad luck.

Personally I;d like to see 1 month "No posting" you can still read but can;t post.

No idea if that would work

Still, I prefer the ore positive side to life than endless bitching.

DOG

Crap, just logined to remove my post because if you ain't got nothing to say, don't say it, but as it's been replied too.....

Okay Straycat, then how do you explain bb's post after KS said, "Guys, knock off the bitching until I have the time to address this!"

From what I saw, bb was arguing and complaining about the moderating decisions and then he had to say something again after KS asked everyone to put stuff on hold till he can address it (which would explain why he wasn't answer by KS).

As for bb apologizing... I can't remember the last time he did that. Even when he's wrong he doesn't even like to admit it (even when he comes out with humdingers like sinsot is not a thai tradition).

Yes some of us "contribute" more to the board than others, but where do you draw the line?

How much do you think should be allowed?

<<burp>>

Moderator2 said:

The moderators would appreciate no further comments on JJSushi's situation and especially his character (since he is not here to defend himself).

Thank you,

Moderator2

Maybe the same rule could be applied for BB ?

Just my 2 satang

gummigut said:

You talk about respect. In my opinion bb has shown very little respect for KS and many of the members here in this community for quite some time. .

If you have been trying to stay away from this thread then I suggest you have not done very well at it so far :) As for respect that has to be earned, and when we see a certain person kicking all this off by letting his personal feelings come into play it's not surprising that posters get in a huff. This all developed from a certain person taking issue with JJ's post in the news thread which this certain person claimed to be 'off topic'. I think most fair minded people would agree it was not. Perhaps it's a certain person who should have apologised some time back thus preventing all this bitching and discontent, not that I am arguing with any persons, or mods actions, merely stating my opinion.-peter

Guest lazyphil

Dont go questioning the holy Mods now ::. This is (was!) a friendly forum and the new Modding is too rigid and arbitrary IMHO.....I think someone is still smarting over JJ 12 inch wedding tackle!!!! (now go and bitch about me in the Mod forum!!)

Archived