Which NP members do you miss?

Neo

Is this a joke? I don't recall him getting any warnings, stuff deleted or threads locked. Being called troll is a bit like being called a witch or a racist. It's whatever the accuser wants it to be, so you don't have any defense against it ::-peter

I read the thread but of course as can no longer see the deleted posts it's hard to comment. But the one where he gets the first off topic warning seems harmless enough, oh I better shut up as this is off topic also ::RIP another good contributor-peter

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Neo said:

After over 4000 posts, jjsushi was apparently banned yesterday for being a troll. In case you missed it:

thread

WTF!?

I know one is not supposed to discuss the moderators decision..but surely it's entirely fucked to ban such a well-known & active poster. :shakehead

thai3 said:

Is this a joke? I don't recall him getting any warnings, stuff deleted or threads locked. Being called troll is a bit like being called a witch or a racist. It's whatever the accuser wants it to be, so you don't have any defense against it ::-peter

I read the thread but of course as can no longer see the deleted posts it's hard to comment. But the one where he gets the first off topic warning seems harmless enough, oh I better shut up as this is off topic also ::RIP another good contributor-peter

Frankly, the guy came off to me, and others as a troll at times. Other times, he was informative. And did have some insights. I found his "I am great" attitude a bit over the top at many different times, as was his over all pompous style, which frankly I felt effected his credibility on the serious topics he claimed to me involved with or knowledgeable of.

Not sure what he said or did in the last posts, but he had been warned a few times as I recall to tone it down and back off a bit. Something he had trouble doing. He was never wrong, always the victum...and generally a difficult guy at times (board wise). That aside, his contributions here may or may not be missed. Frankly, I prefered when he just conveyed information and left himself out of it. He wrote very well, and did have a few good things to say.

Old Hippie said:

insights. I found his "I am great" attitude a bit over the top at many different times, as was his over all pompous style, which frankly I felt effected his credibility on the serious topics he claimed to me involved with or knowledgeable of.

Well I can think of quite a few who fit this description but we all have different personalities here which should be tolerated as long as the rules are not being broken. We saw this kind of complaint about fly, but now people say they miss him the most. :: Personally I think people like JJ add colour to the board, not that I agreed with him very often. What I object to are the posters who indulge in personal vendettas against other posters.

IMO this banning would not have happened if KS had been in control.I see the original warning was about being off topic, but this happens to most threads without people getting jumped on. Seems to me JJ has not been treated fairly. :( -peter

For once I completly agree with you, if everyone you disagree with is banned, you will end up talking to yourself, which isn't much fun. Why do we insist on tearing ourselves apart? some arse on a power trip maybe?

"...Well I can think of quite a few who fit this description but we all have different personalities here which should be tolerated as long as the rules are not being broken. .."

Yeah, myself included at times, no doubt. If he didn't break the rules, then I agree. I didn't see what he posted,so I have no idea if he broke a rule or not.

Frankley, as I said before, the guy had a habit of constantly pissing guys off, as did Fly. In JJ's case,it is not so much what he wrote, but how he wrote it, and how he handled people who disagreed with him. A recent thread he stared about a disco was not so much about the place, but about how he was better than others...the replies that followed got ugly, and when KS put a stop to it, via warning to ALL OF US he again came back insulting and belittleing people... I think that alone may be responsible for earning him/them (Fly) special treatment. Which may not be right. Again, I didn't see what the final straw was, so I can't judge.

I know as a moderator, I did make bad calls at times, it can happen. Upon occassion, the really bad calls were reversed. So, should JJ be "found not at fault" here, then I am sure the decision will be made to re-instate him. As JJ and Fly are not here to defend themselves, maybe best not to discuss them? Or at least keep the insults to a minimum. Just my thoughts...

I think it is a shame if JJ has been banned because on balance he added a lot of value to the board.

The thread in question was IMHO not well handled by the moderator who deemed one of JJs posts off topic when it didn't really appear to be off topic IMHO.

This in turn lead to some sort of confrontation and JJs subsequent banning.

Archived