Miss Universe 2005 in BKK - Norway looks cute?

chilli13

Khun_Kong said:
samak said:

your geography knowledge are a bit meager!

she is not coming from Nakhon Nowhere, but from Nakhon Norway (both relatively remote); her mother came from Udon (or Ubon) and her grandparents still living there, but will watch the competition in bangkok only on TV!!!!!

for those who like a larger choice:

http://www.globalbeauties.com/universe/2005/u05_cont_a.htm

Almost 100% cuties. The Latinas are hot hot hot!

However...

Miss Venezuela Porker

Miss Thailand So-so

Miss US Virgin Islands Katoey!

---

I just understand that Miss Fiona from my home country is a blonde boring so-so la-la girl, we had much more beauties in the past.

So maybe thats way there is no picture on the site.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miss Canada was the winner.

Good show..lots of extra shots of the girls in Thailand..Phi Phi,Krabi,Phuket,Chiang Mai .

The show last year was seen by over 800 million so i hope those that saw this miss Universe will think well of Thailand and visit the Kingdom :bow:

Personally, I was pretty disgusted with the whole thing. It may as well have been held in downtown Atlantic City for all the genuine 'local' content. A couple of token Thais on the judging panel, machine-gun like voiceover during the 'scenic tour' segments - more like a game show than a genuine appreciation of what BKK and Thailand have to offer.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but having just *one* Asian (Indonesia) in the initial 15 is an insult, IMO. These contests are heavily biased in favour of 5'11" Amazons with pneumatic chests, and thats a very small percentage of the female Asian population. I didnt want to see the Thai entrant included for the sake of the home crowd, but having to look at the same bland cookie-cutter features for the remainder of the show was too much to bear - I went and read a book.

The second Thai Miss Universe was actually from Changwat L. A. (also known as Los Angeles, California). I'd asked Thais why they would choose an American as their contestant, but they looked puzzled by the question. "Her parents are Thai", they'd respond.

Thais used to make fun of that Miss Thailand/Miss Universe's bad Thai. (She butchered the tones.) I understand it has got much better now though. She also was smart enough to her Farang boyfriend well out of sight until near the end of the contest. One reason she got the Miss Thailand title was that contestants in the US try many times in many different contests. They learn poise and how to please the judges. That one had been in maybe half a dozen contests before coming to Thailand to try to represent "her country".

The surprising thing about this contest was indeed its lack of at least an Asian runner up. Normally, the contest is very politically correct and includes finalists of several races.

<< Apasra later married a first cousin of Queen Sirikit, and like the Royal Thai family, is still a much revered social figure in her country. >>

She also divorced the guy for playing around on her. Seems not even being married Miss Universe was enough to keep him at home at night.

The best looking Miss Thailand ever was the one right after Apassara Hongsakun. But the judges decided that it wouldn't look good if a country as small as Thailand won two years in a row and made the gal 1st runner up. I remember hearing boos from the audience when the winner was not her. :(

Eating at Sheriton, somone announced some chick was wondering around selinng photo's of herself in a bikini to raise money.

Now, SHE had this REALLY ugly bpyfriend who looked like a fat Rod Stewart.

We joked how much the bloke looked like a fat younger Rod Stewart

Turns out it was Miss Scotland!

DOG

ib13 said:

http://www.missuniverse.com/delegates/2005/country/NO.html

According to the Nation Norways delegate for the MU2005 event at the end of this month in LOS has a Thai mother from nakhon nowhere, but she looks damn cute!

Or what do you guys think?

Anyways now there's a legitimate excuse for a punter visit ;)

I just wondering wy 'my' so-la-la Swiss Girl is under the Top 10. :dunno:

Yes the Asian women weren't fairly represented in this contest. Miss Japan was 6'1" and looked half falang?!?

Miss Vietnam was 5'10 and "mai suey". I've seen better looking Vietnamese women even here in Alaska.

And how come no Miss Taiwan?

Archived