YOUR FAVOURITE SAD SONG

sayjann

Your choice is probably my number 2. And Sinead does it so well. I once asked a Filipina singer in Seoul to sing it, and even though she was a very good singer, couldn't do the song justice.

My number one is

Sade's "No Ordinary Love"

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:tophat:

too late for that old son.......... :o

'Wind Of Change' by the Scorpions is another one for me.

memories of Bkk/Nong Khai with my #1 Girl.

she always called it 'song for us'......... :grouphug:

wonder if i will bump into her when i go for that walk down paradise road which is known as Soi Seadragon?.

'I Know it's Over' The Smiths

'Come Back To Camden' Morrissey

'I am a Town' Mary Chapin-Carpenter

'Positivity' Suede

'She is Mine' Psychedelic Furs

'Coming Around Again' Carly Simon

'Danny Boy' The Seekers

'Perfume Garden' The Chameleons

'I See a Darkness' Bonnie "Prince" Billy

...among a host of others can kick off the facial waterworks in my house for different reasons, most able to trigger melancholy in me as much through being associated with that time in my life that I was first made aware of the song, as much as the actual content of melody and/or lyric, though in a couple of cases both connections coincide. :rolleyes:

One of the reasons these songs can quickly reduce me to tears, it ought to be added, is the obligatory gallon of beer and lump of dope I've usually drunk and smoked respectively whilst staring dumbfounded at photographs of my ex-wife and/or assorted other birds who've red-carded me in seasons gone by before spinning said "surefire tearjerker" discs on my stereo at 3AM for every other poor sleepless cunt in the apartment block to enjoy a goodly earful of maudlin melody too. :drunk::doah::clown:

Anything by that fucking pile of shite Bronski Beat can consistently and briskly reduce me to tears too. :( Tears of rage at that poofter Jimi Somerville's fingernails-down-a-blackboard squeaky rasp of a voice, usually. :cussing:

jack :help:

I have to go with "Accidently like a Martyr" By Warren Zeavon, he understood me. Also "She Belongs to me" By Bob Dylan, though I also love the version by the Grateful Dead. Both really trigger thoughts of relations gone bad/past. "Have I told you lately(that I love you)" by Van Morrison is another one...

Sappy songs like "The Rose" by Bette Midler and "First cut is the deepest" Any version, also get me going.

Oh great, now you got me thinking of Si Saket girl again...time to hit the Lao Khao and put the cd in...

What about 'Carry me Carrie', 'Sylvia's mother' or 'Judy', all good sad songs by the old hippies of Doctor Hook ::

Or, still in the west coast 70s range, a good and sad country song like 'Mama hated Diesels' by Commander Cody ......

::

Archived