New website for Sukhumvit 1 Plaza bars

simon43

Hope this post is not considered to be an advert! As the owner of a couple of bars in the Sukhumvit 1 Plaza building, I've put together a website that provides information/photos etc about all the bars, shops, restaurant and guesthouse inside Suk1Plaza. The website has the full blessing of the 'landlord' of Suk1Plaza.

The reason for this website is simply to promote all the businesses and to allow feedback/questions via the website forum. I've provided this website for free, and it's a non-profit-making site. And my apologies if my website design skills are not up to scratch!

You can find the site at www.suk1plaza.com

I'd appreciate any comments/constructive criticisms!

Thanks! - Simon

PS - I'll be adding a webcam to the site in a couple of weeks

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent effort there simon43, an impressive beginning... just one or two suggestions to maybe consider...pictures work, and pictures of pretty Thai lasses work very well ::, so add a few more of the current staff to each bar page...we never tire of looking at pretty Thai girls back here in dull Farangland...and don't be shy in asking bar patrons to signup on the spot for the Forum membership, someone in Pattaya does the same for their forum and 6-12 new members sign up each day, can't be a bad thing!. Good luck mate.

Don't worry! Pictures of the girls are coming...

I was pushed on other work today so there are still a few dead links on the bar menu. I'll complete these tomorrow with a picture for each bar. That's a start. But I do want to add some good pictures of the bar-staff. The only ones I have so far are lacking in smiles...

I'm taking some photos tonight of the internet cafes/massage salon etc and I'll add these tomorrow...

Simon

simon43 said:

And my apologies if my website design skills are not up to scratch!

You can find the site at www.suk1plaza.com

I'd appreciate any comments/constructive criticisms!

Well my aging eyes found the small red on black text a bit hard to see on the intro page. As most of the page is empty, perhaps change the font size from 1 to size 2, the red text on the bars page is a lot easier to read at size 2.

Apart that that little quibble it looks promising !!

I have to agree with Mike. Red letters might be good for a large headline but not for longer sentences, especially if the letters are so/too small. If you you prefer a black background for the pages I would stick to white letters. And I wouldn't say anything against a more elegant type, or did set it all to 'bold'?

Additional: the info on the restaurant (yellow/white text on red background) is difficult to read. It looks like a low pixel resolution.

The mark of a rank amateur web page designer is using a black background.

Why would anyone be so incredibly STUPID as to make their web site difficult to read?

The whole point of a web site is to convey information -- not to deliberately hide it.

Archived