Private vs. Public

Zaad

We used Bangkok General Hospital (although not for the actual delivery), and we were very happy with that one. It's a private hospital along Petchburi Rd, BKK. Every session were between 800-2000 bath, appr.

In any case, I think one should really use a private hospital in Thailand (if you can afford it, that is). Prolly, nothing wrong with the public ones though, only crappy service & long waiting times.

congratulations Zaad

agree with straycat. would certainly go to a private hospital; there are many good one's in bangkok with world class medical standards. there is such a big difference between private and public hospital. many thais have to deliver with caesarian. and when you look at BG's you see how often this job is done very lousy in public hospitals!

maybe the only recommendable public hospital for deliveries would be the Children's hospital at Rajvithee road close to victory monument. they have a good reputation in this sense. but do not expect that you can talk to doctors and nurses in english there too well (of course there are always exceptions among the doctors). but those at the common known hospitals that cater to farang's like General Bangkok, Bumrungrad, Samitivej, Christian, Prompong speak usually english very well

Guest lazyphil

Zaad junior, well done!! (hope he/she isn't as balshy as you mind :))......we had scans and wot not at a hospital I think in Laksi/Chang Wattana, when I pick the mrs up later I will ask, they said it was a girl at 3 months so we named her then, thankfully they were correct as he would have been pretty confused hearing a girls named all the time!

Thanks Limbo.

I'll check it out.

My girl has free health insurrance from the government so any public hospital would be nearly for free. But I'd hate to receive crappy service especially on an ocassion such as this one. It's pretty much top priority so a private one in my neighborhood will do.

Congratulations!

We used Camillian Hospital on ThongLo. We were very pleased with the care and the facility ... closer to home at the time and less costly than Samitivej, Bumrungrad or Bangkok General.

Delivery was by C-section. The Ob/Gyn spoke English; also, he is a professor at one of the large teaching hospitals. My wife used to see him on TV ... that's why she wanted him for the delivery. Overall, a fine experience.

Archived