Flight prices to Bangkok...OMG!

monkey39

Ever since I came back from Bangkok last March, I've gotten into the habit of checking flights prices from Texas to Bangkok. I already have a trip locked in for June, but I was also thinking about spending a couple weeks in BKK after Christmas.

A couple of days ago, the prices were around USD$1000 from Houston to Bangkok (Dec. 26th '05 to Jan. 7th '06), but when I was checking them today, they had jumped to around USD$1500! WTF! :cussing: If prices stay around there, I may have to re-think my plans! I'll keep checking on a regular basis, 'cause Thailand's on my mind most of the time, but SHIT! :banghead:

Any advice on cheaper flights to BKK?

monkey39

Monkey....

Just a quick check on line: Continental NS to LAX: $361; LAX to BKK via EVA: about $800. (I don't think the EVA quote includes about $100 in airport taxes). Both are RT fares; better book soon if you're serious. I didn't check Southwest from Houston-LAX or any others; that is where you would save your pesos. The Eva fare is pretty good for that period of time. By November, it'll be at least 2-300 smackers more. PM me if u want to discuss more with me.

Hugh (mak)

monkey39 said:

Any advice on cheaper flights to BKK?

Consolidators buy up those cheap tix, so go to them. A popular one is Angel Travel in Chicago. They are showing flights on Singapore Airlines (the best carrier in the world by far!) from Dallas (DAL-LAX likely on United) to Bangkok at $1180 leaving 12/26-1/1 and $1065 leaving 1/2-5/23.

If you prefer to deal with a real person, try this gal:

Ms. Net Preung

Net Travel & Tour

9817 Painter Ave, Whittier, CA 90605

(562) 945-6203

She does a good job and has access to pretty cheap tix too.

Cheers,

SD

Hi not just a case of access..all agents get tickets from thier own consolidators....so then it is a matter of who wants to cut the bottom line the most to get the sale.

In Oz this week Jetstar is selling tickets for as little as AUD$ 29 for a domestic flight in a huge promotion....so lets see ..um i will make just on two dollars if i bother to sell this fare....wont cover our CRS costs... ::

Archived