Andro, testosterone - getting old

Tiger Moth

For over a year now I have been faced with a variety of "minor" sports injuries that have interuppted my ability to exercise and resulted in a low level of fitness. The worst of my "minor" sports injuries has been back problems.

I have been seeing a Chiropractor from the US who is a big proponent of muscle strenghening as the solution to back problems and he has told me specifically the machines to use at the health club.

Unfortunately, I keep having problems that interrupt my efforts to get fit (the thinking is once I am fit my problems will be lessened and I will be more easily be able to maintain fitness).

So, today I saw the Chiropractor and discussed with him the use of Creatine (which he has used and I will definitely use) and the use of a form of Andro or direct use of testosterone. I emphasized that I am just looking for use over a short term, maybe 2 months to get me over the hump and am not interested in long term use.

He seemed to agree with my thinking but was not able to provide more direct help.

I actually have a book called the "Smart Guide to Andro" which discusses testosterone, Androstenedione and Androstendiol. I read the book but still am not sure what to do and what is available in Bangkok (I have been in the pharmacy directly across from Cal Fitness on Silom and know testosterone which can be injected is available for purchase - I am not qualified to inject myself and I am not sure what else this pharmacy has).

Anyway, the point is I would like to use an Andro product or testosterone or ???? for a couple of months.

If you are knowledgeable in these matters, I would greatly appreciate some guidance.

By the way, I am 58 years old and after 3 weeks of decent workouts, I woke yesterday morning with severe pain in my back and will probably lose another week of exercise. Typical of the last year.

Thanks

Tiger Moth said:Anyway, the point is I would like to use an Andro product or testosterone or ???? for a couple of months.

If you are knowledgeable in these matters, I would greatly appreciate some guidance.

By the way, I am 58 years old and after 3 weeks of decent workouts, I woke yesterday morning with severe pain in my back and will probably lose another week of exercise. Typical of the last year.

Thanks

Tiger Moth...

I've been getting testosterone injections for several month...level was low on my last yearly physical. It wasn't for "aches and pains" though.

I'm a few years older than u and experienced some of the same pain u described when I started going to a gym about 6 months ago. Pain was in lower back and "transient " in one leg. I tried a few mild floor exercises that have worked wonders in the past (like overnight relief!) No help this time. Dr. gave me a prescription for 800 mg ibuprophen...took it 3 times/day. (He said, if cheaper, but the over the counter variety and just take the same dosage.) In three days, pain all gone away and hasn't returned.

BTW...self-injecting testosterone is not a big deal. Just get some direction from a doc/nurse. Shoot into your hip just below the belt.

Hugh (mak)

now exist some testosterone plaster, to put on your arm, and it give the testosterone to you that your body need. i don't know the name, but you can get it here in belgium, and a lot of people like it very much, they feel super good, sporty and feel much younger

i don't know if this is valuable somewhere else... i just read a reportage in the newspaper here.

maybe ask your doctor...

It's called Androgel. It's from the States (may also be European manufacturers ... not sure). It's a gel that contains 5mg of testosterone. It's applied after showering to arms, abdomen (not to breasts as this may lead to enlargement ... also, not to scrotum). It's absorbed through the skin. And, it's superior to the IM shots as it allows for a more contstant level in the blood. Unfortunately, it's not yet available in Thailand. Also, it's expensive without insurance ... about $200. (U.S.) per box, which contains 30 gel packs - enough for a month.

• 2 months later...

Androgel is valuableonly stateside where Docs are afraid to Rx anything injectable. Bodybuilders flock to Krung Thep to buy anabolics as they are OTC...over the counter. Self injecting is a big deal, especially in a tropical climate where infection is common. Hit a vein...it's all over. Orals are plentiful but pose a risk to the liver. I am an RN...and a hormone replacement patient. Learn to self inject from a professional or better yet, have the doc give you 200mg every week of testosterone cypionate and find a good oral to compliment it. Go to a quality bodybuilding website like anabolex and check out the Thailand threads.

Archived