P4P price hikes in Bangkok?

monkey39

Hey, all, I found the following trip report, and wanted to see what you guys think:

http://www.worldsexguide.com/guide/Asia/Thailand/Bangkok/index.htm

Hi guys, here is a trip report of Bangkok. was there for a week and 3 in Pattaya. See Pattaya report for that. I stay in the Nana district, so the report is for Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy..

First I will say things are slow, so the girls are up-ing the prices.. Nana Plaza is trying for 3000 baht since a long time. Soi Cowboy for 2500. There are quite a few freelancers in the parking lot of Nana Hotel at closing time. Be Carefull. The lady boys have been playing pick pocket real hard again. They will come up to you in groups of 2 or 3 and try playing with you while the other is trying to clean you out..Some of the bars have also raised bar fines. If you want to take lady out before show they are charging 1000 baht fine. Their reason is they need her for the show.. No replacement. Yeah right..

Is this happening? I'm headed there in June, and this would be a real bummer....

monkey39

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait a sec, the guy says *trying for* 3000 baht which does happen, but is nothing new. The 1000 baht baht before show is probably just a few bars and I have heard of that in Pattaya. The guy seems to know his stuff as he tries linking it to the thai economics of raising prices to make up for fewer customers. No reason to pay the prices mentioned, but that could require some patience or experience. Nothing really new though.

I agree. This is low season now and most BGs I know are complaining about the absence of customers. I think the operative word in that report is "trying for".

I have noticed that several interesting things happen during low season. BGs seem more likely to change bars during this time of the year in search of the elusive customer. Many of the stunners that otherwise only go ST (so they can turn 3 or more customers a night) are more willing to go long time - maybe even a trip to Koh Samui or Koh Chang for a few days. At the very least, they are more available and affectionate. And the families of BGs also seem to have more sick relatives and other sundry emergencies requiring the immediate financial assistance of Farang "boyfriends" this time of the year.

I am sure there are BGs "trying for" THB 3,000. I am sure there are BGs and others dependant on the tourist trying all sorts of things. You just need to be a bit more skeptical this time of the year; a healthy dose of cynicism also helps.

Most of the gogos/bars in NEP charge 600 baht barfine. The gogos in SC generally charge 500 baht barfine. Some BGs will not go for less than 2500. BUT it is easy to find BGs that are happy with 1500 baht for LT. YMMV

I don't know about Pattaya.

Hi All, For the record I'm the one who posted the trip report that is being refered too. :beer:

Like some of the guys are saying the key word is TRYING

I have never paid that nor will I. I was surprised to see my trip report here. :: Not a problem..

I spend more time now in Pattaya than BKK. But if things keep going the way they are I might be settleing down with just one. :hubba: :angel:

I was just giving a view as I was seeing it. There is one bar on Soi Post office that is trying to charge two bar fines a day for ladies. They say that the girls are working two shifts so you pay two bar fines. My one friend fell in lust with one of the dancers there and he was crazy enough to do it. Any questions message me. Later. Going in Sept. :beer::elephant::drunk:

Archived