Sukhumvit 1 Plaza gets wifi access!

simon43

I'm happy, (nay proud..) to announce that wifi internet access is now up and running in the Sukhumvit 1 Plaza building.

If you are happier playing with your laptop, rather than the other activities on offer (!), then internet access is completely free if you sit in Revolution, Night Night Joop Joop or Big Screen Sport bars, (.. er .. my bars..). Sit in another bar and you're gonna have to pay 60 baht/hour.

I'd be interested to see if anyone actually gets to use this wifi - let me know

Simon

All users will be required to carry a location device so that I know which bar you are in :)

I thought of making the access free for everyone in every bar. But then I considered that this hotspot has cost me 30,000 baht to set up. So I think it's fair game to try to get some money back!

Anyway, I hardly think people will be queuing up with their laptops, but it all goes to help to make Suk1Plaza more attractive to customers, whatever bar they are in.

Unike Big John, I don't have bottomless pockets :) If the money runs out please give kindly when you see me begging on Sukhumvit Road....

Simon,

I(n all seriousness, this is a good idea, many times I need to check email, and why not do it in a bar while drinking and "shopping?" As good a place as any! Good luck with your bars, both are very nice, and a good staff in each. I think you will do well!

Great idea - it's quite novel to find someone actually thinking and trying new ways to attract punters.

Now all I will need to do is Heienekn proof my laptop - and tie it to my wrist, so I don't forget it. ::

One_More said:

Great idea - it's quite novel to find someone actually thinking and trying new ways to attract punters.

Now all I will need to do is Heienekn proof my laptop - and tie it to my wrist, so I don't forget it. ::

Well I like new ideas too but let's see...............

30,000 baht =

a) Bangkok's most expensive WAP to install

or

B) a really big banner ad on Nanaplaza.com so you can post without blatent self advertising

PLUS

1,000 beers to give away for promo

Which one would you choose?

B) a really big banner ad on Nanaplaza.com so you can post without blatent self advertising

PLUS

1,000 beers to give away for promo

Which one would you choose?

I dunno about the banner ad, but I would take the 1000 beers :: :: ::

Obviously not my call on the "self advertising", but from the relatively few posts so far they have at least been adding to the information tree - IMHO not quite the same style as the chap with Accomadation website, although that of course may turn out to be far more useful.............

I am waiting for "special discounts" to be annouced for NP.com folk (hint hint ::) in Soi 1 - 1000 free beers would keep me going - for 5/6 weeks.

Archived