Cleopatras

ultras67

I was in Cleopatras in Patpong last night for the first time in a few months.

Its one of those gogos where you get the shows and on average the girls are........ well average, but every now and again you get a little gem that stands out.

Anyway went in and sat down and a menu duly arrived and no prices were on it - bit strange I thought but since i had been in their lots of times before with no problem i put it to the back of my mind. the beer duly arrived and i started chatting to the young lady who had appeared at my side. the pole huggers and show were frankly not that good. there were about 3 different groups of customers spread out so it wasnt busy but it wasnt empty either.

After a couple of minutes i noticed that no bin had appeared - another a bit strange but put to the back of my mind happening. the girl who took my order then reappeared with a little laminated card that said

1 beer 300B

What?!!?!?

Yes 1 beer 300B and you can stay watch show

what?

you can stay long time and watch show

but i dont want to watch the show and last time i was here the beer was 90b

at this point another dekserv came over and joined in.

show and beer 300b and then beer 100b. not same as last time, now new owner

what? oh stuff that. i downed the beer as fast as i could and got a 100b note out and told her i would pay 100b.

no no mamasan kill me

no i only pay 100b

no no mamasan kill me - this time with the hand across the throat action.

at this point one of the dancers came across and said she had seen me in there before.

the 2nd dekserve then asked me if i had been in there before i replied yes and then the 100b was suddenly acceptable. i got up and left. on my way out i noticed that the price list that used to be on the wall had disappeared.

what a shame that another place in patpong has been turned into a rip off joint. ( even if it wasnt that great to begin with )

Too bad. That place could be fun at times tho' I have not been there in a while. With all this shit going on, I guess I will just stick to the old reliable Pink Panther as my gogo-of-choice in the Pong.

Cheers,

SD

suadum said:

Too bad. That place could be fun at times tho' I have not been there in a while. With all this shit going on, I guess I will just stick to the old reliable Pink Panther as my gogo-of-choice in the Pong.

Cheers,

SD

5555-- I busted my BKK cherry with a ying (hostess/mamasan) at the PP in 1988. Continued a liaison with her for a few years. Still consider this bar one of my favs. Soi Phatphong II is much more manageable and enjoyable,imo, than that t-shirt/trinket/conflagration waitng to happen Soi I. BTW, as a comment to the original query, no scams ever happen @ NEP or Cowboy, right?

Seems fortunate that it was just the first time you had trouble there. Cleopatra has a long reputation for that kind of stuff not to mention the extremely heavy pressure to buy extras. Getting away with only 100 baht for a beer is pretty impressive indeed. Aboust the safest advice is anytime you go upstairs in pong, either go to a bar with the word queen in it or you take your chances. Super queen posts all its prices on the wall, though they are not the cheapest. I believe Queen's castle 1 and 2 have 90 baht drinks and 50 baht specials.

Pale_Rider said:

BTW, as a comment to the original query, no scams ever happen @ NEP or Cowboy, right?

Not any show scam like that that I have EVER heard of. Now the occasional mis-addition or bin cup stuffing happens.

Cowboy just keeps pushing the drinks prices up. B130/lady drink B120/Black-so at Sheba now. Good thing that the current crew is enteraining, cuz I would not go otherwise at those prices.

Cheers,

SD

B130/lady drink B120/Black-so at Sheba now. Good thing that the current crew is enteraining, cuz I would not go otherwise at those prices.

SD,

I didn't notice that the LD's were that high at Sheba's. No more buying drinks for the girl's friends/sister/mamasan next time I guess. Do you think she'll still love me?

Ranger

suadum said:

B130/lady drink B120/Black-so at Sheba now.

Cheers,

SD

Crap! For the equivalent of two "lady" drinks, you can get full service in Cambo :-)

What do u figure is the breakdown? 40 for the girl, 60 for the bar, 30 for the police?

Hugh (mak)

I never really viewed this as one of the upstairs bars and yes the pressure could be high at times but no more than anywhere else in the pong.

Always found a firm but nice no and they would go away.

Can I get a 40B taxi ride back at 2am to my place from Cambo Hugh? :neener::)

Archived