It is always the woman's fault ...

Flashermac

Woman 'ordered to marry rapist'

An Indian woman who was allegedly raped by her father-in-law is now being ordered by a Muslim council of community elders to marry him.

The council says under Islamic law the rape has nullified her marriage, according to media reports.

But a top Muslim body in India has rejected the argument saying it is not valid under Sharia (Islamic) law.

It says the council was not authorised to give such a verdict and added that the alleged rapist should be punished.

Reports say the 28-year-old woman was raped when she was alone at home in Charthawal, in the norther Indian state of Uttar Pradesh.

When the incident came to the notice of the council, it ordered that she marry her father-in-law and change her relationship with her husband to that between a mother and son.

It also ordered her to leave her home and stay away for seven month and 10 days to become "pure".

A senior police officer, Amrinder Singh Senger, told the BBC that police have now filed a case against the woman's father-in-law .

Under the Sharia law... if her father-in-law has raped her, he should be sentenced to death.

The victim has also been examined by doctors and police have recorded her statement.

India's National Commission of Women has also asked for a report from the government in the state of Uttar Pradesh, where the incident took place.

"We have requested the government to take action against the guilty and also pay compensation to the victim," NCW president Girija Vyas told the BBC.

A representative of a top Muslim body in India, the All India Muslim Personal Law Board, said the case should be dealt under Islamic law.

"Under the Sharia law, whatever happened with the victim is wrong and if her father-in-law has raped her, he should be sentenced to death," the representative, Zafarab Geelani, said.

BBC

and even scairier ( for the rest of the world)

"Though India has not made any official statements about the size of it nuclear arsenal, the NRDC estimates that India has a stockpile of approximately 30-35 nuclear warheads"

in a country where most of the population still shits in a hole in the ground.

Guest lazyphil

AHOLK I'm not scared of the USA, right now they have not the best Admin but it beats the hell out of a bunch of Muslims running the show with the MASSIVE chips on their shoulders about the West :cussing:

"The US has considerably more nukes than that and is run by religious fanatics. THAT scares the shit out of me. "

Me too, but--

usa is run by egomaniacs (imho)

come to think of it, the islamic mullas ( leaders) probably qualify for egomaniac status too.

I doub't the beleive what they preach, just use it to be in charge and get their "flukies" to do their bidding

A lot of it comes down to which ego maniac lunatic do you want in charge? I shudder to think what some of these nut jobs would do if they got their hands on a nuke. Bear in mind, if the USA or UK or any major western economic powerhouse goes down, the rest of the world will suffer as well. So again, who do we really want in charge? Off topic! Sorry

Yes, many cultures blame a woman who is the victim of a sex crime. We did here until recently, still do in certain circumstances. The idea was, the woman tempted the man, and the man could do nothing else...rediculis for sure.

In the case mentioned in this article, I wonder what will become of the woman, and her husband...?

Archived