It is always the woman's fault ...

Flashermac

Hi!

AHOLK I'm not scared of the USA, right now

Neither am I right now but what will happen in the future. One of the most scary interviews I have seen on TV was an American bloke that had been on a trip to Europe. He said that he was very impressed by how much the European youth knew about the world but he had no interest in knowing about the world outside. He was perfectly happy to live in total ignorance and this was not a brainless bible thumper but rather an average American some but not high education. That is what is really scary. Not the religious fanatics but the average ignorant American that doesn't give a flying fuck about how many non Americans that die as long as they can stuff their fat faces and become even more obese.

I can still remember when I was in high school (the Swedish equivalent) how we laughed at America where there were states that had laws against teaching Darwin's evolution theory but forced the schools to teach religious fairy tales. A country or area that allows religious beliefs to take precedence over science can't really call itself civilized. This happened in Europe in the dark ages before the renaissance and during this period very few worthwhile scientific advances were made.

they have not the best Admin but it beats the hell out of a bunch of Muslims running the show with the MASSIVE chips on their shoulders about the West

To an extent I agree with this. The administrations in many (most) muslim countries suck big time. On the other hand the US with Bush's current pathetic ranting about democracy and human rights they lack credibility. The US has never supported democracy outside it's own country during my life time if it did not serve their purposes. Remember the apartheid regime in South Africa (supported by the US), General Franco (supported by the US), Chilean junta (supported by the US), the Greek junta (supported by the US) etc. The latest example is Uzbekistan, a country run by a corrupt and undemocratic government which is supported by the US because they can have military base there. The American definition of democracy seems to be - "Do as we say or we will send in our soldiers to kill you".

regards

ALHOLK

<< I can still remember when I was in high school (the Swedish equivalent) how we laughed at America where there were states that had laws against teaching Darwin's evolution theory but forced the schools to teach religious fairy tales. >>

NO STATE has or has had a law against teaching "Darwin's" theory of evolution. (Darwin didn't apply it to people ... just animals.) What the laws in a handful of states prohibited is the teaching of evolution as an absolute fact and the only acceptable answer. Evolution could be taught as a THEORY, but those who challenged the law insisted on teaching it as the only "truth". As such the states saw it as a challenge to religious freedom.

<< The American definition of democracy seems to be - "Do as we say or we will send in our soldiers to kill you". >>

No, that seems to be THIS administration's policy. But there was the famous comment by Madeleine Albright in the Clinton admin to the effect of "What is the sense of having the most powerful military in the world if you aren't going to use it?" Collin Powell jumped in her shite over that one, having to make an effort to keep his cool whilst telling her that the lives of the men and women of the US armed forces were not toys for her to play with. And note the Powell, a war veteran, was opposed to going into Iraq as well. 1,700 GIs dead in Iraq so far, with 12,000 wounded. Bush's popularity is at its lowest and Congressmen are making demands he get the US out of Iraq. Both the Army and the Marine Corps have not been able to meet their recruitment quotas so far this year. Maybe the tide is turning?

Meanwhile, back on the topic ... Uh, what was the topic?

Gummi Wrote: "...And no one ever mentions the Israelis. Israel ain't that big and general estimates have it with over 200 nuclear warheads!!! Woo hoo!!!

<<burp>> ..."

This is a major factor in the Muslim word wanting Nukes, that and a beliefe that the rest of the world will have to start listening to them, which is probably true. There is no way the world is going to disarm Isreal, so hence the Arab-Isreali arms race will continue. Additionally, and quite frightening, is that many in the Isreali government may believe in "the Masad principle." This refering to the temple at Masad where in the Hebrews killed themselves and eachother rather than be taken prisoner/slaves, or killed by the ensueing army (Syrians maybe?). In any event, this translates to "if we are in danger of falling, we and everyone else goes with use, vis avis these nukes...

Isreal was saidto be preparing to go Nucelear just before the end of the first gulf war. Alledgedly, a chemical weapon landed in Isreal, didn't detonate, and Isreali's attitude was "we won't give you a second chance..." Quite frankly, I am not sure who scares me more, the Muslims/arab nut cases, or the Isreali ones...or both equally...? tough call, I lean towards mutual blame... :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic:

:topic: :topic: :topic:

Alholk,

I an American, can appreciate that the USA is not perfect, at times more a hypocracy than a democracy, especially now a days...but I would hope the rest of the world would have the brains to realize that we didn't elect this guy...either time. Take a look at his approval rating...less than 50%! so how could he have won "so over welmingly either time?"

The question remains what can we do about it? there are calls to remove him, growing maybe...not sure, calls from abroad to charge him with war crimes...but by the time anything is/can be done, he will be finished his term, and his damage already done. All we can hope is the rest of the world try to put the brakes on him...and a muzzle as well.

I do agree that the education standards here suck "social promotions" no real way to measure standards to much cultural/ethnic/religious sensitivity, which hinders learning...etc. Hell, When I left SFO for the east coast, for a brief spell in the late 70's I stayed in an affluent area, almost all the parents were Uni grads etc...there was still some uproar from one girl over having to learn evolution...her parents weren't against it, she was. She had become a born again Menonite...somewhat rediculis as herdad was a scientist...Parents instead of trying to contain her, jumped on the band wagon for Creationism as well...finally shipped her off to a menonite colony, where she remains to this day...odd how it all happened...

Back to the original topic, rediculis how things go when men dominate, maybe time we brought in some vegetarian lesbians to run things for awhile...oh christ, I've been in California to long! :)

There was an interesting article here in the Arab News a few months back about traffic accidents.

The Professor who wrote the article put a large portion of the blame for traffic accidents in Saudi on women.

Fair enough you might think but in Saudi women are not permitted to drive!!!

The professor said that drivers were distracted by woman pedestrians which led to accidents and that woman passengers caused accidents by giving bad directions to their drivers.

So yes the women are always to blame!

Israel have well over 200 very powerful nukes, a little known fact is that at anyone time there are Israeli submarines someway off the US east coast with nuclear weapons trained on Washington and other strategic sites in the US. This is their doomsday scenario, if Israel is being attacked and feels it has to use Nuclear weapons on its arab neighbours it will if it feels it needs to nuke the US and other allies to ensure its survival.

STH

ALHOLK said:

I can still remember when I was in high school (the Swedish equivalent) how we laughed at America where there were states that had laws against teaching Darwin's evolution theory but forced the schools to teach religious fairy tales. A country or area that allows religious beliefs to take precedence over science can't really call itself civilized.

At around the same time that you were in high school in Sweden, weren't your countrymen forcibly sterilising the mentally ill under laws meant to purify the Swedish race? That was up until 1976, btw.

Who's preaching?

Interesting piece of irony in yesterdays Bangkok Post. In the International news section at the top was small article about the Malaysian PM complaining about the western mass media unfairly portraying Islam. Further down the same page was article (about the same size) about a man in Pakistan tying his 20 year old daughter and his wife to bed and dousing them with kerosene and burning them to death. He did this because daughter was thought to have had sex with a man not her husband. Did the wife too because she didn't raise the daughter correctly.

TH

Archived