Ekkamai to Pattaya bus

camerashy

Hi!

(many foreigners don't even realize there are different bus companies because the busses all look the same).

I'm one of those foreigners that didn't realize that. I still think it sucks that I have to spend 3 hours insead of 2 to get to Pattaya. As most of the passengers going to Pattaya are Thai it's not a common case of "Fuck the farangs, they're not human beings anyway".

regards

ALHOLK

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

I recall many years back when the aircon blue buses ran only point to point and had hostesses and drinks on this route.

I remember these days too however they did enter Pattaya through Banglamung and drop people off there. This however did not delay the trip much. I can bring my own beer al I want is to go straight to my destination instead going through Chonburi, Sri Racha, Laem Chabang etc.

Another god thing with the old days was that you could take a short walk down to Beach rd. and grab a baht taxi instead have having to discuss with the mafia types at the bus station.

regards

ALHOLK

" As most of the passengers going to Pattaya are Thai "

Right ....... and among them there's always a consequent number of freelancers, in-and-out Bangkok/Pattaya. I love this route, sometimes cause of unexpected and pleasant developments during a trip in Thailand :: !!

I also hate the mafia bath taxi at the bus station in Pattaya, always waiting at least eight (if not more) people to get moving, yet very easy to avoid by just crossing the avenue and calling an empty one. A much more enjoyable way to make the last hundreds meters !!

::

and among them there's always a consequent number of freelancers, in-and-out Bangkok/Pattaya

-------------------------------

you can always get lucky, but actually, trust someone that has taken that route a good hundred times, there are not that many, at best 4 or 5 out of 40 seats at the very best, and that's assuming every decent looking young lady is P4P. Then you'd have to be seated pretty close to them, to engage in meaningful flirting (knowing you, just shouting a price and a hotel name at 3 or 4 rows from you ain't your style). finally, of course it may happen, but in 17 years of taking that route, I always got the feeling they want to enjoy the last few hours of off time before joining the meat market again. in a bus full of thais, P4P girls tend to behave demurely like other GTGs.

Last but not least, have you ever tried to shut a TG from using her phone so you could chew the meat with her? :)

Conclusion: the BKK-Pattaya bus is the worse place to pick up a chick. Just sit down, don't mind the thai guy sitting next to you, sleeping with his head against your shoulder, and the thai fag behind you shrieking on his cell phone for the duration of the trip, you'll be there soon! :yay:

If they are going there why the fuck don't they take the appropriate bus.

--------------------------------

why? why? why?..... You sure are a farang. because they're thais, it's thailand, and if seeing thais living thai style, around you, is causing you anger, I have to wonder if it's worth going/staying there.

Thailand is already changing too fast western style, we know places where evrything is done according to regulations, timetables etc..., it's called home, and that's why we enjoyed Thailand in the first place, to get away from the clockwork and logical rules evryone abides to . Enjoy the madness, if they start making rules for bus rides, they'll make rules for the rest too, and it will get as boring and predictable as home. Beuarkkk!

Actually, there are rules for bus rides.

Like another poster mentioned, first class (the all blue bus) is supposed to be point-to-point. And includes hostess and snack. No standing room in first class. And of course there is a timetable.

This kind of rules are followed more and more in Thailand, and many Thais like them.

You guys should travel by bus thru India or Myanmar, i promise you the little annoyances you find in rules (Heil!) not being observed (though E-PYA bus is plain air-con, no snack... and no hostess, unlike prozal says, ahahaha) in Thailand will be balm to your heart.

About the cross country first class buses they are not point-to-point, unless they are full from the word Go. They do gather up people at more than one point, leaving a city. And if any of you had his stop 3 kms before the real station, you'd be glad too, the bus driver lets you off. If there are thais that complain about that, then they are ripe to move to farangland to be nice rule-abiding westerners.

Rip-offs, blatant disregard of the farang, I understand you can get worked up if you wish, but steaming at letting a few thais get off an air-con bus before the station, come on, guys! ::

camerashy said:

Hi guys,

can anyone tell me the earliest starting times, frequency and last departure times for the buses from Ekkamai to Pattaya, and back? I am guessing virtually non stop, but just want to be sure. Oh, and the travel time there as well. Thanks

Earliest starts around 6.00 o'clock. It's the best time to travel to Pattaya. Not much passengers around and not much traffic. Duration 1.45 h.

Take a white/blue bus, cost's a few bath more than the orange/white bus. The blue/white bus has better drivers. The orange/white bus stops often, drivers like to race and will kick you out somewhere on the main street in Pattaya and not at the official bus station in Pattaya.

Archived