Ekkamai to Pattaya bus

camerashy

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

either that it it pays for your travel insurance ha ha. all i know is that last week i travelled back from pattaya with one of the top 3 hangovers of all time. As soon as the bus strated moving i knew i was in trouble. i managed to get to bkk without throwing up but i did think i was going to pass out. it was enough to put me off for life...next time its the taxi.

I have only taken the bus from MorChit a couple of times but i thought it was a pretty good service and reasonably priced.

The good thing about the bus is that it is big and you feel a bit safer than in a car. Some of the limo drivers i have had were scary the way they drove and the speed they went.

We did a detour up to the foot hills of Khao Kieo last month? Just for one old lady who couldn?t be arsed to get local transport near Bang Sean. I assumed the old girl was a relation of the driver. No one on board, mostly Thais said a word to the driver adding at least 45 minutes to the journey. One wonders whether the drivers are ever told from the start that they are just f&cking bus drivers and there are 43 other fare paying suckers aboard.

not so many first class busses to Chonburi, so it can make sense to take the Pattaya bus

and:

Thais will choose a bus according to the reputation of the company. There are big differences (many foreigners don't even realize there are different bus companies because the busses all look the same). This may be a reason.

I recall many years back when the aircon blue buses ran only point to point and had hostesses and drinks on this route. The driver would tell passengers asking to get off prior to wait until they reached the destination, either Ekamai or Pattaya terminal (then located on the beach road). If you wanted to get off on route you had to take the non aircon buses that stopped anywhere and everywhere. Even these stuck to the planned route though and persons living off the beaten track then transferred to a local bus or taxi. Everyone knew what they were paying for before getting on board. Now you are left to the drivers whim.

If such a service of old were available today on a regular 30 minute basis or so I?d take it, but will use taxis in the mean time or drive myself.

Archived