AirAsia?

I think that most of the "cheap" airlines border their ads on misleading, which is one step away from lies. Ryaniar in the last 12 months had to pay a hefty fine for some of their ads. I don't think that it is particularly misleading to just put the tickt's price in their ad or boldly on the website. You enentually get to the credit card part and then they add on the extra fees, at which point you can cancel. Trying to get the cheapest fare on these airlines can be extremely difficult, having to figure out if they block out Friday through Monday and the afternoon flights.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt some airlines do a better job than others in making fare availability more transparaent. But they will, in my experience, tell you all of the fees prior to having you submitting your cc details.

IMHO, this is far better than dealing with the come-ons of a travel agency, especially here in the US. You see these places that advertise in the travel section of the newspapers, all the time, but they NEVER seem to actually have the fare they have advertised.

From the consumers view, the problem is there is no single price comparative website or source for all carriers that lists all fares available. The web has made it much easier for consumers to shop for fares, but the airlines have but not too easy.

Black Tiger -

My mum and her sister stayed at The Inn At Temple St. ~ 2 years ago. Their 1st room had no a/c, so they got moved to another, but alas with no windows. Tiny rooms as 'Dog' said - I think too small for a 'big fella' like you :) Mum said she'd never stay there again. Good location though, MRT at the end of the street, and the next parallel st (Smith) has seafood stalls open at night.

Aoy & I stayed at the The Peninsula/Excelsior Hotel in March, SGD120 incl. [ deluxe room, now superior :( ] - http://www.asiatravel.com/singapore/prepaid.html#1

http://www.asiatravel.com/singapore/weekly.html

dean said:

I think that most of the "cheap" airlines border their ads on misleading, which is one step away from lies. Ryaniar in the last 12 months had to pay a hefty fine for some of their ads. I don't think that it is particularly misleading to just put the tickt's price in their ad or boldly on the website. You enentually get to the credit card part and then they add on the extra fees, at which point you can cancel. Trying to get the cheapest fare on these airlines can be extremely difficult, having to figure out if they block out Friday through Monday and the afternoon flights.

Similar here. Lately it's been geting worst. Even the major airlines are hopping on the trend of offering one way pricing at eye-popping rates. Reading the fine print under the price, it states that you can not buy the advertised one way fare, it must be book returned. Than taxes, etc,etc are not included. Normaly after the dust settles, the final price is 3 to 4X times the printed, advertised rate.

Look likes some goverment department is going to jump in here and get things back on track (again.(

Shit.

Archived