Help!

BKK31--

No need to be embarassed here... just make sure you get yourself checked out. There is NO sanuk worth getting sick over...

PS: Now I understand how the "operational error" may have occured. Thanks for clarifing that for me.. I have been thinking about that damn near all day... LOL

Take care of yourself. This was a good lesson for you and I'm sure some of us.

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smarten up dude, see the Doc.

I can appreciate the work load so do this. Call Samitivej Hospital, Suk. Soi 49, 023816807, get a 19:00 appointment the results take about an hour. Tell your clients you're sliding off to buy some goodies for the family back home then meet them at the bar by 21:00.

Time to start thinking with the BIG head.

BKK31,

A few things to consider: 1)since your symptoms began about two days after what you consider the source, gonorrhea is the most likely STD. Chlamydia usually causes symptoms 1-3 weeks later. 2)the 1 gram dose of Zithromax has about a 93% effectiveness rate against gonorrhea. Because of this, Pfizer recommends a 2 gram dose for gonorrhea. 3)symptoms clear when the causative organism is gone or reduced below a certain level. It is always a good idea to have a post-treatment culture done to make sure you are cured.

It should also be mentioned that self diagnosis is not the best way to go. See a doctor.This drug is pretty hardcore:

[/b]There is a possibility of rare but very serious reactions to Zithromax, including angioedema (swelling of the face, lips, and neck that impedes speaking, swallowing, and breathing), anaphylaxis (a violent, even fatal allergic reaction), and serious skin diseases. If you develop these symptoms, stop taking Zithromax and call your doctor immediately.

[ November 13, 2001: Message edited by: Roger ]

Roger,

I am not sure what you mean by hardcore. Zithromax is a macrolide antibiotic, derived from erythromycin. Diarrhea is the most common side effect and occurs in 5%. Less than 1% of individuals have allergic or sensitivity reactions. The side effects you mentioned can also occur with penicillin.

Thanks again for all the useful info and encouragement. I really appreciate them.

tomc12,

My understanding after reading Internet sites on STDs was that it might be gonorrhea based on the 2-day window (I read 2-5 days) and that zithromax could work both for gonorrhea and chlamydia with a single dose. What I was not sure about was whether the drug was useful for chlamydia and gonorrhea themselves or urethritis caused by them. So it is very nice to hear your info about 93% effectiveness with 1g (I took 1.5g since the package came with 6 tablets of 250mg). Again, thanks for your expert info and advice.

vtombrown and DH,

I got now two suggestions about the hospital and will ask questions about them in a separate thread since it may be of interest to people.

Thanks!

Right on BKK31.

One more thought. Lots of us get an STD once and again. But lots of us and everyone else get the flu or a sore throat or an intestinal infection, too. Don't freak out and don't think of it as an incident of shame. Just take care of it properly, and then climb your ass right back into the saddle and jam on! No big thang. wink.gif" border="0

I went to Bumrungrad Hospital on Friday and got checked. I have had no symptom except that the tip of my penis got a little red when I had sex (with a condom, of course) with a MP lady on Thursday night: I abstained Mon-Wed after taking zithromax Sunday night.

I described everything to the doctor and he checked my penis carefully. He thought it is likely that the stuff was gone, but suggested to take ciprofloxacin 500g twice a day for two days (for gonorrhoea) and doxycycline 100mg twice a day for seven days (for NSU) to make sure it will be gone. He did not do any testing except white cell count in urine, which turned out to be in the normal range of 0-5 (the test result said mine was 3-5) but in the higher end. I felt fairly good and am taking the two antibiotics that he prescribed. He said there would be no problem of having sex now as far as I wear condom.

I had a sex last night and again the top of my penis got red. Althought there is no pain or discharge, it still makes me feel uneasy. I am hoping that the antibiotics will clear whatever I got.

The hospital was quite impressive: very efficient and professional. The price was under 900B including the two antibiotics! It took about two hours total, mostly waiting for the urine test results.

Thanks everyone for all the help! You really helped me a lot and I really appreciate.

[ November 17, 2001: Message edited by: BKK31 ]

Archived