Help!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BKK31,

Get serious here dude! this isn't a tooth, an eye, or a limb, some useless organ you can live without! This is your Dick, you cock, your willy, your PENIS for Christ's sake!! get your possibly infected ass over to the hospital, or nearest STD clinic, and get that thing checked!

On a slightly serious note, I understand that Zithromax is more or less a one shot dose, if it didn't knock the infection (if you have one) compleatly out, it will make it resistant to further treatment with that antibiotic, and you will be looking at longer Antibiotic therapy, with all the possible complications!. Don't fool around, it could be serious, if not an STD, it could be a sign of something else, best to find out. Keep us posted!

Old hippie--

I've taked Zithromax for a bunch of things (a bad cough, deep infected cut, etc.) and each time I was prescribed Zith it came in a multi-day (5 day) 5 pill 'blister-pak' that you must take one-a-day until done..

Didn't have any side effects and it usually worked quite fine after the third or fourth day.

--USPer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

PS: I'm still working on exactly how the condom may have been used incorrectly.. Then again, the VERY FIRST time I tried smoking (13 yrs old) I lit the wrong end (filter end) and couldn't understand how anyone could get a full breath of smoke in from thost damn things.... One big puff and never again.

[ November 12, 2001: Message edited by: UPSer ]

Yea, I've taken Zithromax a few times for respiratory infections, it did come in a 5 blister pack. The first dosage is usually stronger than the susequent dosages. I have heard,( but never done) of Dr.'s suggesting to stop after the first doasge, if symptoms disappear, but I would think that would go against the norm. Usually, you want to continue to take the antibiotic until you finish the course, otherwise, you run the risk of having the infection resist the antibiotic. I never had side effects either. Maybe he stopped because of the diaheria?

Old hippie--

Maybe he stopped for that reason... but.. not a good idea. Zith has worked quite well for me eahc time I've had to take it, and each time the Dr. said "you've got to finish all of the pills since this stuff is slow-timed release."

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

did the Dr. tell you about the possibility of it not being as effective for the same ailment the next time around? I have heard that from people, but it always works for me, usually for respiratory infections. Also, the Dr. told me to make sure I take it at the same time every day, so I maintain a certain level in my body. Anyway, I hope to head over there Thanksgiving weekend for a few hours, arrive Fri, leave Sun, space available on a holiday! I love a challange! Maybe see ya there!

Yes, he did say that "we want to be careful and not over-medicate because you may become resistent to the Zith if we go too long on it".. ohhh!

Your Dr. was right, Zith is a timed release drug so taking it at about the same time of the day, everyday, better insures that you maintain a constant level of the drug in your system.

I'll be in BKK Friday pm [11/16] for about 10 days, next trip after that is in early December [12/10] but its just a 'quickie'..

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

PS: I still haven't exactly figured out how the condom may have been used improperly.. That's a mystery.

[ November 12, 2001: Message edited by: UPSer ]

Thanks everyone for suggestions.

(1) Pfizer's product info says that the dosage of Zithromax for STDs is a single dose of 1g or 2g depending on the STD, but multiple doses for other infectious conditions.

(2) Although I am utterly embarrased, this may be useful for some inexperienced guys like me ... The way I might have used the condom incorrectly is that I touched her inside (she liked it and got very wet) and then went on to put the condom on using the wet fingers, perhaps touching the inside of the condom. I realized that I am not used to putting it on myself, when I come to think of it, although I always use one.

Archived