Carabao in SFO! W/Pics

Old Hippie

A few pictures from last nights show. I was seated up stairs in the geriatric/handicapped area, do to my knee...but sounded good and had a great time. Friendly bunch up there as well! I didn't understand most of the songs, but the music sounded great, and a really good audience energy as well, Free Carabao energy drinks after theshowas well!

Did notice a few Time honored Thai traditions last night...slipping money to Carabao and other band members...presumably to play a song they wanted...these girls were tipping big!! $20 a shot! Also saw girls passing their numbers to the band as well...being a rock star must really kick ass! :) Anyway, a few shots!

DSC_0095a.jpg

Not sure who these guys are...? Anyone know? Had a really good energy together.

DSC_0111a.jpg

This guy played a really good accordian! Would hold the best with any Polka band! Well, Polka, Issaarn music...more less same same...

DSC_0053a.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep! He playedit maybe 2nd or 3rd song into the show. He played San Jose on the 22nd, and SFO...hard to believe they'd only come for 2 shows...but don't see anything else on the web sight...maybe you can email and ask them! I would Think L.A. for sure, a lot more Thai people there, than in the Bay Area...

Oh, forgot to mention, hesigned 2of my cds! Oh, anyone know what cd the song made in Thailand is on? they never seem to know at the stores here or in Thailand...

Aed Carabao is not anti farang. His lyrics do reflect anger at American influence on Thai culture. Which is different.

Some other posters here had a less than favourable opinion of Aed Carabao though. He has been involved in shady propery stuff in Thailand. Furthermore - he has totally sold himself out lately, Carabao Daeng..

I don't care. I listen to the music. Love his music.

Archived