Dynasty Inn (bangkok)...Deposit?

june11

I almost checked into Dynasty when they told me I'd have to pay a 500 baht deposit IN ADDITION to one-night stay in advance. I said no way, and left. I never pay any deposit on top of the room charge to any hotel. (I don't trust them to give it back). Anyone else get this request from them recently?

In the hotels defense, customers sometimes get pretty beligerant when confronted by the minibar tab when checking out. Sometimes they are unaware that a short time gf grabbed a candy bar or a bottle of Sansome while they were in the shower, or they forget about a soda they had, or they just get pissed off about the prices.

I always make sure to get a receipt and have never had a problem getting a refund.

Willl they remove the minibar?

EXACTLY what I usually do. I give all of the drinks to the maid, and tell them I do not want any mini bar. I tell the front desk, too. I have never had a problem doing this anywhere. Then I go to Leader Price and stock up on cheap drinks.

too many short time gals will just help themselves to something when I am in the shower...

Peace!

I always stock the mini bar in my room...snacks, beers, colas, whisky water...leave the rest for the staff when I check out!

Actually, I don't recall ever being asked for a deposit...though I usually have made a reservation with a credit card, so I assume they'd use that to cover any damage/mini bar payments, were I to skip out...

The Dynasty charged me that 500 baht deposit back in January so they've been doing it for awhile. Had no fears about getting it back since its the dynasty after all.

Last month was charged a 3000 baht deposit upon check in at the novotel siam and paid for the two night stay in advance as well.

Just keep hold of the receipt and you wont have any problems getting it back...besides, its nice to have that 500 spare when exiting Don Muang.....

Of course, if you lose the receipt, you haven't got a cats-in-hell chance of getting your money back :D

Archived