Any comebacks for stupidity?

iagra

Hi!

My experience of BKK is insignifacant compared to many of the posters here but I have spent quite a lot time in Pattaya.

I did react to nepafans claim that hardly any bar girls have husbands/boyfriends. I know that this isn't true in Pattaya and suspect that the situation in BKK would be similar.

Some years back a friend barfined a girl LT. After a couple of weeks a Thai bloke knocked on the hotel room door and very politely requested to speak to his wife about an urgent family matter.

Some years ago I asked a girl that I knew quite well in a SC bar what all the young Thai guys were doing in the smaller bars. Her answer was that they wer looking for young and newly arrived girls that they could lure into relationships so they could live of their money. Pimps exist in all countries. Thailand is no exception.

Another thing that hasn't been mentioned here is that that many of the girls in Pattaya have girlfriends. Again I would be surprised if it wasn'r the same in BKK.

regards

ALHOLK

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by nepfan:

Good post. I really do not claim to be knowledgeable of bar life outside Nana Plaza and Clinton Plaza. I have spent a considerable amount of time in Surin and Si Saket with more than a few visits to other country locals. ............. To your question about have I really looked close. You have no idea how close. Too close ............ I go there to watch the nightly drama unfold ............... My post was responding to the myth being perpetuated on this board that all the girls have boyfrends and husbands lurking in the ............ I didn't say that none of the girls had boyfriends. .......... I posted because I was getting tired of the picture that was being painted of them as two dimensional cartoon images, uniformly hard hearted and cold with malevolent boyfriends lurking in the background.

I hope you all don't get too pissed at my anecdotal stories. It's the best way I can think of to paint them as human beings trying to get along in a complicated life, the same as all of us. A million stories in the smoggy city.

Nepfan

It is clear that you post from the heart and I too enjoy your stories. It's just that sometimes, for example in this case, you are trying so hard to correct one misassumption that maybe you lean too hard the other way and present things in too stark a contrast. Obviously many people know girls who do have boyfriends and who have completely misled farang customers regarding this. Reading your previous post it did feel like you were saying "No, this never happens, it's all a myth" which devalues a lot of the very good points you were making.

I am sure I read earlier that you have some business connection in NEP - is that true or do you just hang out there for 'fun'?

LG

[ August 15, 2001: Message edited by: Long Gun ]

Hi,

the BGs and MGs I know don’t have husbands or BFs - at least not in Pattaya, but maybe in home villages. Some om them (in fact just two) admit they have thai lovers and the girls are actually paying them for sex.

One barber shop girl (in Chonburi) has husband and two children.

IMO there could very well be girls with husbands, boyfriends and pimps also – but I can’t tell that because of too limited knowledge.

elef crazy.gif" border="0

Just wanted to add my own experience that is an example of what Nepfan talked about. I barfined a girl in Nana and agreed she could make her way back to my apartment on her own (We had done it before). She didn't turn up so I went back to the bar the next night and told the mamasan. She starts by saying she didn't get the barfine from the girl and I said the money was not the issue but getting taken for a ride by girls in her bar was. It simply meant that I and several of my friends (who regularly spend too much money on drink and women) would not frequent that bar again. No further help from the mamasan but I was especially well taken care of for severl weeks after that. The girl eventually turned up and apologised (apparently her 312th cousin had just died and she had to go home). The mamasan saw us and called the girl over. The girl then bought me a few beers and it all ended happily ever after.

Archived