Any comebacks for stupidity?

iagra

Thanks for all the feedback to my original post. Must admit, I didn't actually think I'd been drugged, either.

Nepfan, I specially liked your pieces. Made a lot of sense. Worth saying at this point that Question B was definitely hypothetical, and I have no intention of following this incident up in any way, other than in fictional form.

Can't write much at the moment, but look forward to my next visit to this board.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To: IAGRA

As I experienced myself last year : the combination of telling it's your last day in LOS and being drunk (or in my case: being so exhausted that you sleep like a rock) can be fatal.

Girls rarely steal but in the circumstances mentioned, quite a lot of them can't resist the temptation.

The chance that your girl still works in the same bar next year is IMO not higher than 10%, although the girl who stole from me last year,still worked at the same NEP-bar last month.

2lucky1.

Originally posted by spirit_of_town_hall:

"grasses" and "nonces"

Thanks...you learn something every day, don't you? So I guess a "grassing nonce" is not long for the world, huh?

"Most girls that go with customers don't have boyfriends as no guy is gonna let his girl sleep with other guys any more than you and I would. If they do have boyfriends they live back home and, being pretty ignorant of the real world, think all the money for the new house came from working as a waitress."

I don't have enough first hand knowledge about that. But from speaking with a bunch of ex-pats very familiar with the sex scene, I keep hearing that the majority of BKK sex workers have Thai boyfriends they live with and support, and who are well aware of what the girls are doing. Has your experience taught you otherwise?

By the way, this isn't meant as a flame, and I'm not hunting for a girlfriend in the bars. Just curious about what goes on behind the scenes.

Originally posted by nepfan:

This ain't Los Angeles where 25 people get blown away every weekend as victems of random violence. This is a pretty damn safe country, unless you drive on the upcountry highways.

actually, there is a huge amount of violence, some random, some gangrelated, but fortunately it is of no concern to the average westerner. i am constantly amazed that thailand for thais means living in a very dangerous place, but for a foreigner this country belongs to the safest on earth.

(Nana, Clinton and Cowboy don't have a single rip-off bar and I'm not sure that stuff happens that much on the second floor of the Pong too much anymore.)

happens on the pong. just yesterday went to one bar which seems to change every year from overcharge into normal upstairs place. it was packed, i sat down ordered my usual gin tonic. i took a sip, the waitress asked me how much i think it will cost. i said a hundred baht. she asked if i am sure. then i looked around and noticed all the people having no bills in front of them. i told her then in thai very quietly about myself and the shitload of problems this bar will have if they decided to play their game on me. her mouth dropped (god, i loved that expression on her face!). she then just asked me to pay the hundred baht straight away. after that i was not bothered anymore.

which basically means, if anyone might find himself in that situation: be cool, don't start shouting or even being aggressive, just refuse to pay, sit it out. in the end they will let you go. its just a scam. they cannot afford to beat you up if you don't start first.

nepfan,

I estimate 80% of the BG's I have gone with had a Thai boyfriend or husband. Typically they do not work and just live off the BG's earnings.

I have to laugh when some folks declare that if a BG goes LT she has no Thai boyfriend. This one BG I know spent a month with a falang going to Ko Samui and Phuket. She has a Thai husband in Bangkok! laugh.gif" border="0

I agree with Shygye that a great deal of the BG's have boyfriends or at least semi-estranged husbands that still hang around them. Many have had children and it is to provide for them that they get involved in the sex industry in the first place. Admittedly not many hang around the Farang entertainment places.

I have never understood the jealousy concept, it appears that these guys tolerate the girls work. No doubt they think how stupid Farangs are to pay a couple of weeks wages for something they get for free. Money talks.

Iagra,

You did not mention how long you were 'out', but from your general description of the incident I think you probably just dozed off naturally. Someone mentioned being drugged by bargirls in BKK is very unusual. I'm not so sure about that as it definitely happened to me on one occasion and I have talked with another fellow who experienced the same. In my case I did damn near the same unwise thing you did; made the mistake of mentioning to a go-go girl it was my last night in town before I barfined her. I won't go into a lot of detail, but this happened maybe two years ago with one of the 'pong Kings Group girls (Camelot I think).

While I was showering at the hotel the girl asked if she could mix us some drinks - sure why not... We did have a go at it, but the girl was such a poor performer, uncooperative and difficult that I soon asked her to leave. I guess I got lucky here as I think she was just stalling and waiting for the drug she had put in my drink to take effect. She didn't like being kicked out and demanded a very high fee for her short-time service. When I balked at her request she threatened to call the police unless I paid up. I was getting tired of this girl (and I suspect the drug was affecting my judgment) so I handed her the phone and told her to go right ahead. I seem to recall an intense staring contest, which finally ended with her leaving with maybe B1000 of my money. Last thing I remember was closing the door behind her then returning to sit on the bed. Woke up late the following afternoon (about 12 hours later), fully clothed, feet still on the floor, suffering from a tremendous drug hangover which left me near paralyzed and barely able to walk. Took about three days to fully recover.

So, getting drugged by the girls can happen and you definitely CAN get into trouble in the bars. One night I witnessed a drunk farang guy get the living shit beat out of him by several bouncers in either Superstars or Thigh bar. He was asking for it, and I guess the final mistake he made was shoving one of the doormen. I'm sure none of the guys on this forum would be dumb enough to try a stunt like that, but just the same, don't get to thinking things like this can't happen to you...

ST

Archived