6 WEEKS IN BKK- HOTEL OR APARTMENT? ADVICE?

was comparing costs of staying at a hotel(800-900B range) vs. a short term apartment/studio unit for six weeks.

anyone know of places that rent by the week or month?

i came across just a few so far..most others require a 6-12 month lease.

i'm flexible as to location - down suk. sois 33 up to 60s is fine. other locations along either BTS line are fine, as long as its not too far out. my friend is also looking for a 1 bedroom rental- same duration as me.

any advice/info would be appreciated!

Try Bright City towers on Soi 11, nice, daily made service (Except Sundays) parking (if you rent a car or motorcycle), and close to everything. www.bctbkk.com Studio size and up...no pool...they like cash payments...

Nana Thai Mansion on Soi 4, way down has full apartments, with a full kitchen, tell them you want a working kitchen when you reserve,balcony, living room etc...nice place, pool and bad exercise room... Sorry, I don't have the url...some one here does I am sure...

Both these places give generous discounts for a monthly stay, and in the off season. Sorry I don't know more, but these seem to be in your price range. I like BCT for location, NTM for features, though some of the rooms are a bit old...

pekkes1978 said:

was comparing costs of staying at a hotel(800-900B range) vs. a short term apartment/studio unit for six weeks.

anyone know of places that rent by the week or month?

i came across just a few so far..most others require a 6-12 month lease.

i'm flexible as to location - down suk. sois 33 up to 60s is fine. other locations along either BTS line are fine, as long as its not too far out. my friend is also looking for a 1 bedroom rental- same duration as me.

any advice/info would be appreciated!

try this site:

http://www.click4apartment.com/SearchByLocation.asp

If you don't want to pay to much for an apartement, maybe it's better to rent

a room in a middle-class or small hotel for some weeks, can be more cheap.

Best way to find a cheap apartment is to take one in a non-farang/tourist apartement building.

I did this some years ago in Bangkok. I had a clean good room and a very impressive time. ;)

(forgot the name, around somewhere in the Prakanong district).

Archived