What food do you bring from home to LOS

OCgringo

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually bring Snyder's Hard Pretzels. Most of the other stuff I can find in Thailand but pretzels other than Auntie Anne's are non-existent.

I gave one to my wife and the look on her face was priceless. She looked like she was eating a terd or something. She took one bite and went running to spit it out in the trash. Suprised me considering some of the stuff she eats. After that happened all I could do was laugh at her.

I can't understand why the farang places like Villa don't have a better assortment of pretzels. Villa carries one brand of the little match stick pretzels but that's it. I noticed they are carrying Chex Mix which is really good.

Very funny about your wife's first pretzel experience. It's not that much different than cap moo (fried pork skin).

lazyphil said:

Whats a 'Pretzel', sounds german?

Phil,

Not sure of the origin, sounds German to me too.

Anyway, pretzels are probably one of the biggest snack foods in the US, or at least they used to be before tortilla chips. They are hard, brown and made of baked bread dough; usually covered in salt. They come in thin sticks or shaped, well, like a pretzel. They also have big soft ones at places like Auntie Ann's, but I hate those.

Many blue collar bars in the US will have pretzels on the bar. They're great with beer.

Archived