What food do you bring from home to LOS

OCgringo

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try ABner's (nmae might have changed) on Chesnut, just off of 38th, or Jims on South at 4th street. On 9th near Passyunk(pass-y-unk) is the King of staeaks (the guy credited with making the first one) Pat's Staeaks (Pat Oliveri) and across from him in Geno's. Genos would get my vote of the 2, but neither is the best, both far from it... The best I ever had was in Ridley Twp Pa. about 20-30 Minutes drive from Downtown, these were the best hogies, steaks, and sausage (some days meatballs) as well. Real Italian style! Worth the ride. On Macdade Blvd, exit I-95 at Rt 420, make a left on Macdade, go a mile or 2, on the right, small ple called "Mike and Emmas." Across from a beer distributor, and an Italian bread bakery...

Also in Philly, try Nick Roast Beef on the Corner of 20th and Jackson. really good roast beef, Ham (eh o.k.) and Pork (also good), Nice neighborhood bar...don't make suden moves, or mention the FBI, the Sapranoes (an "ethinic stereotype, we resent it") Or the "Godfather" (Another ethnic stereotype, though while done with dignity, was a waste, "ther'es no such thing as the Mafia"...")

For a really goor Italian dinner, check out Ralphs on 9th street, near Christian maybe(?) and Joes on Passyunk (Look in the phone book for directions.

Thai and Cambodian(?) and Burmese can be found in China town, look around, Enjoy the trip, I might actually be there in Mid-end July...

Nice neighborhood bar...don't make suden moves, or mention the FBI, the Sapranoes (an "ethinic stereotype, we resent it") Or the "Godfather" (Another ethnic stereotype, though while done with dignity, was a waste, "ther'es no such thing as the

By the way, OH,

THERE IS NO MAFIA! trust me, I know.

another GREAT mafia type movie, with a little comedy, is the Steve Martin movie, My Blue Heaven

Peace!

BelgianBoy said:Does this imply you all dont consider "LOS" as "home" ?

have two homes and beyond that I feel at some other places at home as well!

so if you consider LOS as your sole home, what food do you take abroad? som tum, nam prik, nam pla?

samak said:
BelgianBoy said:Does this imply you all dont consider "LOS" as "home" ?

have two homes and beyond that I feel at some other places at home as well!

so if you consider LOS as your sole home, what food do you take abroad? som tum, nam prik, nam pla?

Actually, when in BKK last month, I did pick up over 4 kg of veggies to bring back 'home' to farangland.

All available here, but wayyyyy more expensive.

BB

Nervous_Dog said:

Good to see you post, was chatting about you today, your ears burning? DarLek wanted to know why the "Curly Sarisin" not see him anymore!

Any new toys she asks?

By the way I like the bread at Landmark on a Sunday afternoon, 1/2 price, good bread!

DOG

My best to the Darlek and the irrepresible Jingjoh. But, she has seen me several times since the Harpo 'do went away. :)

I have a 3-bedroom apt. full of toys, etc. and, as you know, they ain't goin' anywhere with me not hitting the bars. My gf really thinks I am a mental patient with all that stuff, and, she would be right of course.

I keep trying to get out some Wednesday night for the WADS as started on the other list, but always something comes up.

As I mentioned there, I might be headed off to Sanaa for a bit. :(

And, OH, great answer on the Philly places for food - better than I could have done. I am a South Jersey guy anyway, but you mentioned many places I have been. Good response!

There is a whole diner subculture in Philly/S. Jersey. Places like Olga's (being sold), Ponzio's, Weber's, Colonial, and many more have inflated prices and the food is only so-so (although the portions are gimendous!), but it is just great going to a diner at 2am with the rest of the drunks.

When I tended bar, a trip to the diner was a must at 4am to always end the day. Diner food... :yay:

Archived