American Independence Day Picnic July 2nd at NIST

gene1944

For those that have not been, it IS a bit of Americana overload. But the food is usually good and the fireworks show is very well donw. NIST is a nice venue for this, although it does turn into a swamp if it rains :(

A few of us esteemed (?) bored members will be there. If any wish to meet up, give a PM or a ring if you have my number. Not to say that your fav BG would not be welcomed there (nobody would care IMHO), but of course, this is a very family friendly event.

Cheers,

SD

Well, you missed a decent time for what it was. Here are some pix.

Hanging with the Trink-ster:

P1003029.jpg

The Thai Army band. Very good. Hard to believe that a military band would be so adept at doing covers of pop songs. But they prolly just play at General's parties? The chick singers were pretty hot, but not in uniform.

P1003033.jpg

The finale fireworks:

P1003049.jpg

P1003068.jpg

P1003073.jpg

Cheers,

SD

SD, Great pictures. Thanks!

We heard the fireworks down here in Bangna. I guess they could be heard all over the city. We were able to see them from our balcony, though of course, the looked pretty tiny from here.

Happy Birthday, America - I hope they (we) overcome this disease of extreme conservatism before too many more birthdays pass. Extremism in any form, sucks. But we all know that.

Thank you for the pictures -its nice to see what the fire words really looked like, and even more interesting to see "The Trinkster" :D out and about.

whosyourdaddy said:

The damn fireworks were too close to the crowd. We got pelted by fireworks casing coming down on us. IS that what you yanks call friendly fire??

Collateral damage, maybe?

Anyway, GWB would tell you that the fireworks weren't too low- you were just standing too high. Obviously, your fault.

Archived